StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can it be true that Bike Week 2007 is just around the corner?? Time to start thinking about who is going to be making the trip to Daytona. I starting this thread to get the thoughts started and get a feel for who is planning to be here in my back yard (so to speak). Think about what might be in your plans and post it here. Me, I'll probably be at the track several days for demos and to see TW for some help in mounting items.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Anne & I will ride over for a day during the week (except Wednesday) , not going to pay $200 + a night with 4 night min. Thats just crazy. Only a quick jaunt over and back. Let me know what days everybody going over.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Rick and I will probasbly go over for a day during the week. We can't go Friday March 9 but any other day works (Monday March 5- Thursday March 8 ).

·
Registered
195 Posts
leaving central pa on sat the 3rd. will be at the track all week....you will easily recognize me: overweight, balding guy w/ a beard, jeans and a tee-shirt. look for the black wee with the yellow farkles. i'll buy ya a beer...

·
Registered
119 Posts
"you will easily recognize me: overweight, balding guy w/ a beard, jeans and a tee-shirt."

That describes at least half the guys there!!! LOL. Except for the beard, it's me too! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, that description fits almost ALL of the males that are here for both bikeweek and biketoberfest. Let me know when and where you be down here. I'm thinking that the Florida riders are gonna get together st least one day during the week. As the week gets closer we can make some plans.

·
Registered
580 Posts
SOOOOOO, what day and time and place are we meeting in Daytona for bike week. Only day that is bad for me is Wednesday. Any other weekday would be great. Lets get a date selected. I heard Jim Shaw was going to cook steaks when we came over, mind you, not for sure, I just heard that. :)

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right now, any day is good for me. I'll be up there at the track mst days begging for demo rides. Tube steak maybe I could do for all. Just let me know.
Really want to get to TwTh and see Eric about some misc stuff I need. Can't wait. Thanks Charlie!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Folks,
I'll be going down sometime during the week days, as well. I got that Demo Ride fever again. I would like to hook up with fellow Vstromer sometime, Jim, Charley pick a day.

Cheers!

·
Registered
580 Posts
My son is setting up over there the entire week, I will be going over Wednesday afternoon and stay until Friday. We will be either at Hooters or Broken Spoke. Of course I will take the V-Strom over unless Anne takes the day off ands wants to go over, then the HD will have to be used.
Thursday would be a perfect day.

·
Registered
195 Posts
had the bike out for a ride saturday morning....sunday = 3 in of snow. will start packing today for a saturday departure. do we have any decision yet as to when/where we are going to get together ?? any day is fine as long as it is in the afternoon/evening. thursday will work for me as long as it is after the races....say 4 or 5pm. maybe somewhere near the track itself?? lemme know since i wont be able to check forum while on the road...

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
My son is setting up over there the entire week, I will be going over Wednesday afternoon and stay until Friday. We will be either at Hooters or Broken Spoke. Of course I will take the V-Strom over unless Anne takes the day off ands wants to go over, then the HD will have to be used.
Thursday would be a perfect day.
One more vote for Thursday.... March 8. Both Rick and I are open that day. We can ride over in the morning and meet up and whatever location seems appropriate.
Not sure where Broken Spoke is but as I recall Hooters is across Speedway Drive formt he track. Correct me if my memory is faulty.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Winnie, you are correct about the location of Hooters. Right across from the Speedway. Thursday works just fine for me, I'll be hanging around most of the week anyway. Should we say 11:30 at Hooters to meet and then decide where to go fromthere? Hooters usually has folks hanging out the windows, doors and off of the rafters during bike week. Lots of places around to ride and grab a bite and talk.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I will be there Monday thru Friday at Broken Spoke helping Allan with the Bike Shows, we will be at the Detroit Choppers
booth. I have planned a day for riding with you guys, which day don't matter, as long as we don't ride "Downtown" :)

Maybe a "Eat & Greet & Ride" at Dixie Crossroads in Titusville on our riding day.

Tuesday evening we will be at a Bike Show at Hooters, across from the Race Track. Hope to see some of you there.

Broken Spoke is just South of the Harley Shop on US 1 (from 95)
You can't miss it, it always takes about 1 hour to drive by the 3 or 4 biker hangouts in that area.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Charlie, you have my phone number, just give me a call and I'll come up to the vendor area and harrass the devil out of you. LOL!!!! I'll stop by and say howdy for sure. CYA!!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is a great little Chinese restaurant up in Plam Coast not too far off of the Interstate that might work for a lunch for our meet and great. Dixie Crossroads would be okay also. Just lots of options. Great place is laso Boondocks in Ponce Inlet. I gotta quit, I'm getting hungry.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thursday is good for the meet and eat for me, Charley. 11:30 am at Hooters back parking lot right? Chinese food also sounds good, Jim.

Cheers!

Richard (A1A)

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I've got appointments all week except for Friday. Could you veterans give me some advice? I'd like to ride:

Suzuki M109R
Yamaha FJR 1300
Moto Guzzi Norge

and get a good deal on a new brain bucket. Where should I go and at what time? or should I just stay home and work?

Thanks

Rod

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've got appointments all week except for Friday. Could you veterans give me some advice? I'd like to ride:

Suzuki M109R
Yamaha FJR 1300
Moto Guzzi Norge

and get a good deal on a new brain bucket. Where should I go and at what time? or should I just stay home and work?

Thanks

Rod
The demos and the better helmet vendors you're looking for are lined up behind the main grandstands. Get there early as possible and have fun!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Mike! Kind of a bigger Biketoberfest? How early is early?

Any reviews so far? Are there any HDs or clown bikes there? :)

Rod

1 - 20 of 25 Posts