StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking @ buying a system so that my wife & I can communicate if need be. I do not have any experiance with these so I am looking for real world advice. I have looked @ AUTOCOM & CHATTERBOX & not much else. Any advice would be appreciated.
binder65
03 Silver Strom
03 BMW F650CS (hers)
73 Moto Guzzi
68 Ducati

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am using the autocom system on a daily basis, listening to music while driving to work, and are very happy. Very clear when we do to up riding talking to each other. It is the most expensive intercom system but well worth it.

The British bike magazine did a test some time last year on intercom systems and the autocom system won by miles. They even went so far as to say they cant recommend any of the other systems tested because the autocom system was just so superior.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
autocom

The best feature about the autocom system is that it is voice activated, so no need to push buttons when you want to speak. So if you not talking to each other there is no hissing noise from the speakers. When you are listening to music and you start talking it reduces the music volume by 50% and when you stop talking it goes back to 100%. With mobile calls it mutes the music till the call is over. Have phoned overseas while I was travelling at about 50miles and the person did not know I was on a bike. Having normal conversations at cruising speed of between 120 – 140km/h with no need to raise our voices.

It is pricey, but by far the best bit of kit I have bought for the bike so far. Not worth trying to save some money and not have a decent system. If you do a long trip it would just irritate you if the system does not work properly.

As you can see from the message I am very happy with the autocom system.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the maxxon units at one time. Stay away from them, they are junk. Buy the best you can afford if you expect to use them alot.
Brendan

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If real-world usability and consistant day-to-day performace is important, then Autocom is pretty much the only real game in town.

It's expensive to purchase and installation of the entire system is pretty comlex, but it offers the best integration of driver to passenger, bike-to-bike, music and cel phone inputs I've seen, AND it works beautifully. I especially like that it auto mutes music completely for cel phone use and partially when speaking between driver and passenger, or (if I recall correctly) from bike to bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts