StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a long trip around the USA this winter. I will be leaving from southern British Columbia and travelling for 3 or 4 days once a month. Routing will be south to San Diego, east to Florida and then north to the Toronto area. My plan is to leave the bike at self storage facilities along the way and fly home, resuming again the next month. I'm able to do this only because I work for an airline and can travel real cheap standby.

If anyone can offer any advice or ideas I would appreciate them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is a company I think it’s called PODS. They rent different size cargo trailers. The largest one look like the back of an 18 wheeler. The small ones are like 10 by 10. You can either leave them on your property or u can rent them at there place. U-Haul is also a company that has room's that are temp. controlled from storage. Send a PM if you need so more info on these places.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
im sure

im sure if you made friends along the way , most people would let you store your bike at thier house for a month . expecialy in small towns . people are so curious of a new face in town . just go into a pub and some one will offer free storage . at worst offer a few bucks . storage places want a purged empty tank

·
Registered
654 Posts
im sure if you made friends along the way , most people would let you store your bike at thier house for a month . expecialy in small towns . people are so curious of a new face in town . just go into a pub and some one will offer free storage . at worst offer a few bucks . storage places want a purged empty tank
And no oil....The thing i as thinking about is leaving it at the airport all locked and chained up they normally have free parking for bikes...I don't know about for a month but i was thinking more like 2 weeks or so....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought I would try again on this. I'm expecting to be in San Francisco on May 11th and will be flying home then. I'd like to leave my bike close to the airport for a month or so. Any suggestions where to leave it?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I am in Portland Oregon. You are more than welcome to store your bike at my place. I have an oversized two car garage and a 12" X 16" Shop. Plenty of room for another bike.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I'm planning a long trip around the USA this winter. I will be leaving from southern British Columbia and travelling for 3 or 4 days once a month. Routing will be south to San Diego, east to Florida and then north to the Toronto area. My plan is to leave the bike at self storage facilities along the way and fly home, resuming again the next month. I'm able to do this only because I work for an airline and can travel real cheap standby.

If anyone can offer any advice or ideas I would appreciate them.
http://www.ustoreit.com/
sites in every state along your intended route except WA and OR. prices vary but look like around $50 a month for a 5x10 unit.

PODS won't work for you. they drop a container, you load it, they haul to their site or your new location (if you're moving). they can also leave it where you loaded it but YOU have to be able to leave it there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the responses, especially the garages. If my plans take me your way I'll get in touch. For now I'm leaving Kelowna BC on May 7th planning on 3 or 4 days to San Fran and then flying home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bike Storage

I'm here in Louisville, Ky. About 5 minutes from Louisville International aka Standiford Field. Large garage with space available. PM me if needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts