StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I need to rent some "bike sitters" -- like the converse of the business that ScooterTrashInParadise enjoys somewhat to my envy down in the DR.

Yesterday I suffered a clumsy -- coming down a ladder carrying a (not running) chainsaw, misjudged the last step on the ladder and fell off to my right side with my elbow locked. It felt broken immediately and a trip to the ER proved it was. Not bad breaks, but the upper end of both the radius and the ulna was chipped or cracked. Probably not too bad, but even I won't know for a week -- it seems that orthopedics wants your ouches to rest a while before a firm evaluation. Meanwhile my elbow is the size of a kiddie nerf football, is in a sling, and I'm high on Vicodin. And I hate ice baths!

So there are four bikes without riders. Somehow I think they understand the bad cold miserable wet days in the dark of winter, but now when the riding conditions are just about as good as it gets... They may hold it against me!:furious:

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
I guess I need to rent some "bike sitters" -- like the converse of the business that ScooterTrashInParadise enjoys somewhat to my envy down in the DR.

Yesterday I suffered a clumsy -- coming down a ladder carrying a (not running) chainsaw, misjudged the last step on the ladder and fell off to my right side with my elbow locked. It felt broken immediately and a trip to the ER proved it was. Not bad breaks, but the upper end of both the radius and the ulna was chipped or cracked. Probably not too bad, but even I won't know for a week -- it seems that orthopedics wants your ouches to rest a while before a firm evaluation. Meanwhile my elbow is the size of a kiddie nerf football, is in a sling, and I'm high on Vicodin. And I hate ice baths!

So there are four bikes without riders. Somehow I think they understand the bad cold miserable wet days in the dark of winter, but now when the riding conditions are just about as good as it gets... They may hold it against me!:furious:
I am sorry to hear of your misfortune!!!

However, it could be a blessing in disguise. By coincidence, my garage is empty now, and it is longing for a new project.

Trust me?

(They say that "Laughter is the best medicine". Just giving you a dose to make you feel better.)

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
misjudged the last step on the ladder and fell off to my right side with my elbow locked. It felt broken immediately and a trip to the ER proved it was.

Bummer. Hard to accept what used to be a minor tumble becomes a major production as the years pile on. Hope you heal well. :thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yesterday I suffered a clumsy -- coming down a ladder carrying a (not running) chainsaw, misjudged the last step on the ladder and fell off to my right side with my elbow locked. It felt broken immediately and a trip to the ER proved it was.
Ouch ouch ouch.

Friend of mine broke her wrist and dislocated her elbow a few weeks ago trying to sit in a picture window; slip, fall, improper catch, and her reward was a 7-hour surgery plus weeks of PT. :(

Hope you heal quickly and thoroughly, Dancer. If I was anywhere near Hot Springs I'd take your scoots out for a nice leg-stretcher and back every day.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT!

No, not really.

Sorry to hear about your wretched luck.

Perhaps a bong would help...

Heal up fast, eh?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
It's almost not to late to change your story to something more heroic than a laddericular misstep. Heal quick, Dancer.

At any rate, I think there's nothing your bikes would like more than a daily flogging in the picturesque and technically demanding roads of the Southern Blue Ridge Mountains at Norm's Blue Ridge Mountains Motorcycle Spa.

• Think of the fresh, moist morning mountain mist providing much-needed aromatherapy to your bikes' combustion chambers and massaging the exhaust pipes tips as it exits.
  • Imagine the evening sun caressing the braless tank and bare fenders as the bike leans from left to right and ridge tops are exhilaratingly circumnavigated through long shadows and golden sunlight.
  • Feel the exfoliation of the tires as they luxuriate in a heated asphalt rub.
  • Feel the fairings' pores cleansed by the invigorating juices of insects during an early-evening open-air facial along a winding river road.
  • Then your bike can take an energizing plunge in the waters of one of the many trout streams crossing the elegant lacework of unpaved mountain roads surrounded by the whisper of pines and a chorus of crickets.
  • As the stars come out one by one, your bike will rest deeply and soundly and recharge overnight under a 7 thread count polyester tarp in our elegantly rustic accomodations.
  • In the morning your bike will be fully relaxed and as it begins to stir, the oil fill plug will be gently and lovingly tugged free and a warm, lubricating blend will be drizzled into the quivering crankcase opening as the fluid seeps into all the little places yearning for it's life-giving goodness.

Please visit:

Norm'sBlueRidgeMountainsMotorcycleSpaAndEroticWritingWorkshop.com

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
  • Think of the fresh, moist morning mountain mist providing much-needed aromatherapy to your bikes' combustion chambers and massaging the exhaust pipes tips as it exits.
  • Imagine the evening sun caressing the braless tank and bare fenders as the bike leans from left to right and ridge tops are exhilaratingly circumnavigated through long shadows and golden sunlight.
  • Feel the fairings' pores cleansed by the invigorating juices of insects during an early-evening open-air facial along a winding river road.
  • Then your bike can take an energizing plunge in the waters of one of the many trout streams crossing the elegant lacework of unpaved mountain roads surrounded by the whisper of pines and a chorus of crickets.
  • As the stars come out one by one, your bike will rest deeply and soundly and recharge overnight under a 7 thread count polyester tarp in our elegantly rustic accomodations.
  • In the morning your bike will be fully relaxed and as it begins to stir, the oil fill plug will be gently and lovingly tugged free and a warm, lubricating blend will be drizzled into the quivering crankcase opening as the fluid seeps into all the little places yearning for it's life-giving goodness.

Gosh, I wish I was a motorcycle.......

·
Registered
969 Posts
It's almost not to late to change your story to something more heroic than a laddericular misstep. Heal quick, Dancer.

At any rate, I think there's nothing your bikes would like more than a daily flogging in the picturesque and technically demanding roads of the Southern Blue Ridge Mountains at Norm's Blue Ridge Mountains Motorcycle Spa.

Please visit:

You missed your calling if your not a writer.

·
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am sorry to hear of your misfortune!!!

However, it could be a blessing in disguise. By coincidence, my garage is empty now, and it is longing for a new project.

Trust me?

(They say that "Laughter is the best medicine". Just giving you a dose to make you feel better.)
Barry! Of course I trust you! Well, maybe with a couple of conditions like...

You might declare your philosophical, moral, and ethical distance from Noo Yawk where, as we know, "trust me" has a completely different meaning. :mrgreen:

You lock your welding and cutting rig away in the shed and give the key to your landlord.

You go back to the landlord, get the key, unlock the shed and add all of your cans of black spray bedliner to your welding equipment, then re-lock the door and give the key back to the landlord.

You certify that your area is deep into a multi-year drought cycle and standing water cannot be found.

Other than that...

Actually, I thought about it and I can't think of anyone on the forum that I'd trust more than you. I considered greywolf, of course, but it's certain that he'd hang a gold Scott's Steering Stabilizer around the neck of any wayward bike that came by his place -- just out of the goodness of his heart. And my bikes have to stay sanitary and bling-free.

Janice, of course, is completely trustworthy. She'd never "mess with" a visiting bike, if she could remember where it was. :green_lol:

Stromin'Nroman would probably turn an innocent into something that Scarlett Harlot would be proud of...

And everyone else would abuse the hell out of any potential new "friends", claiming all the time only the best intentions -- not allowing fuel to go stale or tires to dry-rot, and so on.

BTW, you lust for the CRF250X -- you just don't know it yet!

Oh! And finally, the last time I had a "dose" it required penicillin to take care of it! :yikes:

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
Dancer, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope you get back to 100% real soon.

Norm, your link doesn't work. Yes, I tried it. Several times ;)

·
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what a bummer!
tell me more about the bikes. i am interested.
enjoy the vicodin, heal fast!
saludos,pako
Hola!

Thanks for the good wishes.

My bikes probably have a lot of appeal to your south of the border lifestyle -- a large dose of machismo balanced by soft and sweet.

My '06 Vee, of course, the red one that goes faster than other Vee's -- as is well-known in apocryphy and anecdote. Due to family constraints, I've only been able to get a bit over 10K miles on it in two years.

Recently added an '06 Honda XR650L, mostly to get my son to do some trail riding with me. He's an unenthusiastic motorcycle rider -- claims it will be the death of him -- but the XL/XR series is familiar to him going back to the age of 12 or 13.

And in a package deal with the XR650L, a '10 Honda CRF250X, with an added dual sport kit, is all mine. Skinny, thin as a blade, feather-light with its rubber-bands cranked up really tight. It moves up, over and past everything I want it to. Love is not necessarily the wrong way to describe my feeling for it so far. It's a really good compromise for the trials bike with a saddle that I couldn't find.

And then there's my wife's '02 VT-600. It's a customized, pink (PINK!), cancer-awareness-themed "parade bike". She doesn't have cancer, hasn't had cancer, and can't explain why she wanted it but she did. And now, since she shattered her left wrist a year and a half ago, I ride her little Pink Lady between midnight and 1:00 AM -- on back roads where/when no one will see me -- a couple of nights a month just to keep it from wasting away until it's real rider is capable again.

·
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Please visit:

I'll be unable to phrase an appropriate reply until I've completed the Erotic Writing Workshop and achieved certification.

One-armed, I struggled out of my recliner to go to the window and make sure my bikes are not touching themselves...

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'll be unable to phrase an appropriate reply until I've completed the Erotic Writing Workshop and achieved certification.

One-armed, I struggled out of my recliner to go to the window and make sure my bikes are not touching themselves...
...........or each other Apparently your typing arm still works and the meds haven't attacked the grammar section of the brain.

The next workshop will on 6/9. Maybe you could ride up here on a Burgman.

Take it easy.

·
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...........or each other Apparently your typing arm still works and the meds haven't attacked the grammar section of the brain.

The next workshop will on 6/9. Maybe you could ride up here on a Burgman.

Take it easy.
6/9 ... cute! Thought I'd be too stoned to pick up on that, dincha?

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts

Please visit:

Good thing my bike can't read. It would be looking for a smoke right about now.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Norm, your link doesn't work. Yes, I tried it. Several times ;)
Since that last post we melted our servers.

If it's any consolation, here's Miss April 2007:

She likes to laugh, take long walks on the beach and she enjoys quite nights in front of the fire - as long as it's not too quite.

Her favorite color is the color of your eyes.

Her measurements are: 645cc
Height: 4'-9"
Weight: 456 lbs.

She's a country girl at heart, but enjoys partying in the city.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Miss April is such a tease. I won't show that pic to my bike. It would want a wash and shine to go courtin.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts