StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went out this morning on the bike, as soon as I pulled up to a stop light I thought, "gee my legs seem to be much more flat footed and even my legs were bent more. It seems like over night my seat height fell a couple of inches.

I checked to make sure I didn't have a rear flat tire - nope, all good there. Then I checked my chain and it was very loose (about 2" play) whereas up until today the chain was very taught for the first month of riding (I'm at 1,000 miles today).

When I bought my '11 wee, I liked the fact the seat height was tall compared to other bikes. I'm 6' with a 32" inseam. The dealer told me the bike would settle a little and the seat height might come down. But this seemed to happen almost over night and a full couple of inches? What am I missing here? Is this normal?

I checked the marks on the swing arm and they are both at 5-1/2 marks on both sides, so I don't think the wheel has slipped forward. So I'm perplexed. Can anyone offer any advice or should I just tighten the chain, stop worrying and go ahead with my day?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Two possibilities come to mind:
1. Your legs grew last night.
2. One or more rubber bumpers came off of the underside of your seat.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Was there any oil under the bike? Check to be sure the remote shock adjuster is working as it should. The only thing I can think of would be less pre-load in the rear shock causing the ride height to drop that much. Just a guess.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Suspension sag as the shock has worn in. Every bike ever made has done it.
If it's more than the amount that you would expect from suspension sag check out the rear shock to make sure it's working okay (and that the preload settings having been changed).

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Recent castration?
Different boots?
Stopped in a wheel rut?
Maybe you're just starting to relax on the thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts