StromTrooper banner

Bike Rack for Motorcycle on top of Jesse case

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  KZDon 
#1 ·
I know there are several companies out there making bicycle racks for motorcyles. But to do my own I have an idea of mounting a Yakima rack on top of the Jesse lid. I'll use an alumnimum machined plate that would put the forks of the bike facing backwards with my real whell of my bicycle being on my right shoulder. Should work, should be stable, should be safe and really should not block looking in my right rear view mirrow. Any idea's or opinions? :thumbup:eek:r :thumbdown:

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. 1st and foremost is stability and safety. My 2nd goal is to mount the bike rack in a way that it could stay on the motorcycle all the time , keep both Jesse's on the bike along with the rear KooCase trunk. May not be possible. Where someone used wood we'll use an machined aluminum plate. May land up just buing the 2x2 sysytem or the Johnny Rack. Both are great companies.

#6 ·
Up high and straight it cuts the wind. A friend who tried to mount his bicycle to the side on a jury rigged pannier mount found it first, off weighted the motorcycle, and second, acted like a sail. I spoke one day to a Goldwing rider who had a road bike lashed crossways at the back of the hard cases. He said he felt like it was going to cause the wing to take wing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.