StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while ago my bike wouldn't start without opening hte throttle and gave the FI red light.
When I tried to pull the code two days later, I found a dead battery. I replaced the battery and pulled a code that indicated the Idle Speed control Valve.
I took it to a dealer today (North Shore Suzuki), and the bike got fixed.

The problem was water in the wiring that eventually caused a short (I think that's what drained the battery too).

My experience with North Shore was very good. The staff was very nice and their mechanic seems competent; he's a really nice guy too. It's also the first time I leave less than 200$ at a dealership. I'll definitely go back there and want to thank the folks who recommended them.

Incidentally, he mentioned my brakes were at the end of their useful life (he's right).
I changed the pads that came with my bike last fall :confused: and replaced them with the EBC HH that everyone raves about. I'll be putting stock pads on again because the HH pads lasted 7 months versus 3 years for the stockers. I've never had to change brake pads that quickly on a vehicle other than my track car.
The Suzuki pads may be more expensive to purchase, but they are definitely more cost-effective; in my experience, they also stop the bike better (I haven't pulled a single stoppie since I swapped them out, but that may be due to the aftermarket pads being too grabby and the ABS kicking in).

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
You might make sure that something else is not going on with your brakes (Dragging). My EBC HH's have gone 60,000 miles and have plenty left.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You might make sure that something else is not going on with your brakes (Dragging). My EBC HH's have gone 60,000 miles and have plenty left.
I don't think they're dragging; my disks would glow at night and they'd surely be warped by now...

I don't know what's going on; the front brakes have 5,500 kms on them; They've been on there since my last oil change in the fall. I use engine compression to slow down most of the time.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
The Suzuki pads may be more expensive to purchase, but they are definitely more cost-effective; in my experience, they also stop the bike better (I haven't pulled a single stoppie since I swapped them out, but that may be due to the aftermarket pads being too grabby and the ABS kicking in).
Yeah right ... :green_lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree 100%. I change EBC HH very 3 months or 10k miles. They arent what people make them out to be. Stock pads are much better. I know, I ride 100k a year.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
DP pads are excellent but at least 25% more money tha EBC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts