StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has been sitting for a bit. Last year I did am oil change, topped off the radiator fluid, and checked and lubed the chain. With this bike being 7 years old is there anything else I should be doing. I'm doing my own maintenance as I go. I have tried searching the forums, idk if it's my phone or my technical ability but I didn't find anything.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2012 Vstrom 650A. 2500 miles. Took it out Friday for a quick jaunt. Everything listed above was done last year.

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
7 year old bike with 2500 miles? Check the calendar at work and schedule the summer off and go wear out some tires.
Oh if the tires are original, go spend some money on new ones. Shinko's are about $150 a set. Maybe a battery just to be safe.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
The thing I hate see is as soon as the bike comes out of it's hiding spot people start bouncing up and down on them.

You know what I mean, they throw a leg over the bike and assume the normal riding position then bounce a few times, I don't believe this should be done until the front forks & the rear shock have had a good wipe down and clean, same goes if it is being put on a trailer or transported anywhere.

If it has a stock paper air filter it maybe OK but if it is aftermarket it could be stuffed, anyway it is worth a look, dirty air will soon shorten the life of the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts