StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a good bike cover? I'm looking for something with a small pack size. Hopefully it will keep the morning dew off and some rain. The Geza bike covers are the best i've found but really pricey. Half cover, full cover, whatever. I want to take it on the road with me to keep things dry. I have full luggage setup with large screen.

G

·
0 Posts
I use a Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus Cover in adventure touring size. It isn't exactly small or compact, but it covers the entire bike with room to spare. I don't have any luggage or a tall windscreen, but I bet it will fit with all of it. Great cover, keeps the bike DRY. My son uses on on his FZ6 and I used one on the FZ6 I had. Oh, and it comes with a bag to pack it in. Highly recommended. And no, I don't work for the company.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I use Tour Master bike cover (the cheap one.. cost like $20). Its just a PVC cover with two vents by the handle bars. Good enough for when I got to keep the bike out side and I want to keep the bike dry and eyes from seeing it. I don't have any cases on the bike but it does cover the bike nicely.

The only down side to it is, it only has one set of loop holes for a bungee cord. Never had a problem with that, just wish it had 2 or 3 sets.

For a "once in a while" cover, this works great.

Oh yea, it does come with a small bag (made of the same PVC) that you can put the cover into. It does pack up nicely.

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
Same as cdHerlis, except I use the Walmart "Wolf" (??) cover.....$20. Not waterproof, but water-resistant........breathable synthetic fabric......comes with a storage pouch. They have L and XL sizes........I bought a "L" for my zrx1100.........probably fits the vstrom as well unless you have wide-azz bags and taller windshield, then go "XL" (I'm guessing).

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy, how do you like the nelson riggs half cover? That's the one i was leaning towards. I have the walmart one but that thing is too damn big to take along on road trips.

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Light weight 1/2 cover from Guardian that I treated with NicWax waterproofing. Does a good job againt dew and rain. Keeps the instruments and seat dry!

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
Same as cdHerlis, except I use the Walmart "Wolf" (??) cover.....$20. Not waterproof, but water-resistant........breathable synthetic fabric......comes with a storage pouch. They have L and XL sizes........I bought a "L" for my zrx1100.........probably fits the vstrom as well unless you have wide-azz bags and taller windshield, then go "XL" (I'm guessing).
The Wolf in XL works great. It covers my Givi V46 with room to spare. And at $20, I just wad it up and shove in the stuff stack and go, has lasted years.

Some Wallys are no longer carrying the Wolf but have the Sportsman by Budge. It looks the same to me.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to get the nelson rigg uv2000 in XL. This should work out nicely for road trips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts