StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good quality bike cover for my DL650. I'll be parking it mostly outside while off away on work trips. It will be subject to Mother Nature (rain, sun) and curious people (hoodlums, thugs, bored kids).

Need recommendations on which covers are good, and which ones to stay away from. Important to note: I got a Givi DT260 windshield, Givi E21 side cases, and Shad top box. All these things make the bike pretty big. Feel free to chime in. I'm looking at spending in the $100 range.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I'm happy with my cover from Wal-mart. Here's one thread about it.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/product-reviews/3085-wolf-motorcycle-cover-wal-mart-$20-very-nice.html

In my experience, a little water will get through on spots that touch the cover - like the top case.

Looks like the price is up to around $30. And the online web site says no stores near you carry it. You may have to order online.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have the "Traveler" model from eztouring.com/ and have been very happy with it. It fits my Valkyrie as a 1/2 cover, but is large enough to act as a full cover on the Wee. I've had it for at least 10 years and it has held up very well the way I use it which is when I am on trips and parked overnight at a hotel. I am sure that if it was used everyday in the Sun, it would probably not be in as good shape as it is.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I'm happy with my cover from Wal-mart. Here's one thread about it.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/product-reviews/3085-wolf-motorcycle-cover-wal-mart-$20-very-nice.html

In my experience, a little water will get through on spots that touch the cover - like the top case.

Looks like the price is up to around $30. And the online web site says no stores near you carry it. You may have to order online.

Been using mine from there for several years, my bike(s) have always been outside...

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
I have the Wally cover too, the Wolf in XL. I've had it for years. I usually use it the garage but when traveling it has been abused, just wadded up wet or dry and thrown in the sack. It isn't 100% waterproof, as has been noted.

I picked up another figuring the first was going fail but it never has. This one is called a Sportsman from Budge Industries but the box looks the same to me and the cover is too. It was still $20 and change with tax. It was hard to find, I had to check several Wal-Marts.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Don't screw around.

Dowco makes their covers in an Adventure bike size that fits the V-Strom well with windshield and bags. Had mine four years, on the bike 9 months a year. Guardian® WeatherAll™ Plus.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've had 2 covers, I thought the Wal-Mart cover was better. I bought the Large, it was too small, like the previous post said, get the XL.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have a good full cover for my Wee (an old Nelson-Rigg canvas cover) but would like to get a half cover for when I am touring. I have a tail bag and the stock windscreen (the hard Givi sidebags come off for overnight). Anyone have a recommendation for this? :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts