StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Givi E21 sidecases and the Givi mounting racks that go with them. My question ... can I get bigger side cases that will fit on my current mounting racks? Or do the Givi sidecases have their own unique racks?

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
E36, E360, E460 and E41 sides cases will all work with the racks. I can't remember if the E21's are MonoKey or MonoLock; whichever they are all cases so designated will work. The E350 & E450 will not work

I have the Givi E21 sidecases and the Givi mounting racks that go with them. My question ... can I get bigger side cases that will fit on my current mounting racks? Or do the Givi sidecases have their own unique racks?

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
E36, E360, E460 and E41 sides cases will all work with the racks. I can't remember if the E21's are MonoKey or MonoLock; whichever they are all cases so designated will work. The E350 & E450 will not work
E45s also will work. Technically any Monokey case will fit, but some are not designed as sidecases, such as the E52 and V46.

M

·
0 Posts
What they said. BTW that is the same size tubing that touratech uses for their zega cases. so if you want to add them you can also.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I'm pretty sure the E21 racks will also work with other "monokey" cases but check one of the online vendors to see if the part numbers for the suggested racks are the same for E21's or say the E41's.

I'm sure I read one post here somewhere where a guy was using E21's for his city commuting and E41's for trips. There was no mention of changing racks.

I have a set E21's waiting for me across the border right now. :D

- Martin

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's great when you hear of a manufacturer that actually used their brains. Being able to use different side cases on the same mounting racks just makes sense. It's a good thing, too. After getting back from my recent solo 6-day trip down to the redwoods of California, my wife is bugging me to go on my next trip. She is well known amongst friends and family for "packing large", taking up at least three times as much space as I do on the same trip. I'll need more than a pair of E21's and a V46 top case to cover our luggage needs on anything more than a one or two night trip. Being able to pop on some E36's or E41's when it's a two-up trip will be very handy.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
If the E21's are Monokey cases ANY Monokey case will work with the rack., I'm not pretty sure I'm POSITIVE :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure the E21 racks will also work with other "monokey" cases but check one of the online vendors to see if the part numbers for the suggested racks are the same for E21's or say the E41's.

I'm sure I read one post here somewhere where a guy was using E21's for his city commuting and E41's for trips. There was no mention of changing racks.

I have a set E21's waiting for me across the border right now. :D

- Martin

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have four bikes set up with Givi racks and have a set of 41L cans and a set of 21L painers. The 41L painers are for touring and the 21L are for commuting. The two different bags will fit the same rack...........

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know my V46 case will slap onto the PL528 side racks in place of the E21. Fits fine. Looks all kinds of weird, but it fits.

They're all "Monokey".

I'd believe Givi was clever if they didn't name their two rack systems "Monolock" and "Monokey". That's just unkind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts