StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a great time riding last weekend. It was a great combination of dirt, gravel & pavement. The guys who came can really, REALLY ride.

It started on Friday from Merritt. I got my scratches on my bike right away - the first road of the first ride. Well, I didn't get any more scratches after that.

For pics follow this link. The pics posted are way better than any I took. If you get the chance to do this next year (if it is put on again next year), I highly recommend it!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307154&page=22

Sharon

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Sorry you had to beat up your Righteous Red ride, but glad you came away unscathed, AND had a great time. I've read the words" IF it happens again next year" quite a few times on the ADV thread. There seemed to be quite a few folks this year, you think it may become a victim of it's own popularity?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were about 30 people who showed up for the ride from all over - Pr. George, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Victoria and Washington St. There were some concerns about the size of the group but I think it turned out OK.

The ride is very loosely organized and is dependent on Ross and Pat volunteerting their time to put them together. That includes exploring and determining the suitability the roads. Without them, the Big Traillies ride wouldn't exist.

So, the "if it happens again next year" comments are really wishes that Ross & Pat are able to do this again. I sure hope that they do. What they were able to put together was great.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just heard word that Big Traillies #4 is a go!! That means this will happen again next year.

So, that means I need lots and lots of practise on those nasty gravel/dirt roads. I was far out of my league on this trip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just heard word that Big Traillies #4 is a go!! That means this will happen again next year.

So, that means I need lots and lots of practise on those nasty gravel/dirt roads. I was far out of my league on this trip.

Are you coming up to Kamloops for the Loose Screw ride in August? I wouldn't mind having someone with the same bike to ride with.

http://www.loosescrewdualsport.com/

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thx for link.
Some serious "dual" sporting there. Lots of knobby tires in pics. Stroms in the numbers though, yeehaw.
I did the "C" loop last year on my KLR650. It would be no problem doing it on a V-strom so that is what I am taking this year.

Please join us. It will be a good ride.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you coming up to Kamloops for the Loose Screw ride in August? I wouldn't mind having someone with the same bike to ride with.

http://www.loosescrewdualsport.com/
As much as I would love to, I'm stuck at work. Work is a four letter work, you know!

Provide pics so that we can enjoy the ride vicariously through you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts