StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned home ( Alberta) from a 15 day, 9840km trip to Alaska, and Inuvik via "the Dempster" on my DL650. I had a fantastic time and the m/c performed flawless.
I want to thank all the Stromtroopers on this forum for the ideas and experiences that helped prepare me and my Vee for the trip.
All the mods were ideas and input from this forum: Madstad, Corbin seat, Elka shock, fork brace, Heidenau tires, Giant Loop luggage, tank bag, Scott damper, heated grips, heated vest, etc.
We rode about 2500 km on gravel and the bike met all my needs. I should say the off pavement conditions (including the Dempster) were ideal with very little "mud" conditions.
Once again thanks to everyone!

· Registered
1,653 Posts
Vee or DL650?
ahem pssssst......look over here :fineprint:

I just returned home ( Alberta) from a 15 day, 9840km trip to Alaska, and Inuvik via "the Dempster" on my DL650. I had a fantastic time and the m/c performed flawless.
I want to thank all the Stromtroopers on this forum for the ideas and experiences that helped prepare me and my Vee for the trip.
All the mods were ideas and input from this forum: Madstad, Corbin seat, Elka shock, fork brace, Heidenau tires, Giant Loop luggage, tank bag, Scott damper, heated grips, heated vest, etc.
We rode about 2500 km on gravel and the bike met all my needs. I should say the off pavement conditions (including the Dempster) were ideal with very little "mud" conditions.
It is also in his signature line.

· Registered
1,262 Posts
I must agree. All in all, a fine bunch here. One of the best motorcycle groups I have ever had the privilege of saying I was a member of. I have learned a great deal about my Wee in a very short time via the Stromtroopers.
:thumbup:

· Registered
158 Posts
I think that inmate Voluhzia is being a d-bag regarding the conflicting info in the post.

However a quick look at the sig easilly fixes the above mistake...

· Registered
1,353 Posts
know what 650's and 1000's are both V-Stroms. so really there was no conflicting anything. go ahead and tell suzuki you have a wee and see what they say

people take things too seriously...

· Registered
171 Posts
thanks for the post. Looking forward to my trip to Alaska next year from California. I agree, great forum for everyone whether it is a Vee or Wee.:yesnod:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.