Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Posted this in the other tread... Pasted here.

Thank you guys for posting this adventure!
After looking through every picture, reading every comment (which are quite funny at times), and googling every town you went through to see where it was what and what route you may have taken, I have two thoughts. First, I am in absolute awe of what you guys did and secondly I would love to meet the three of you. Perhaps us adventure guys are all similar on the inside but you guys just seem to be three guys most people would have a great time with.
I'm happy you loved the SW so much. Sorry about he monsoons, they are pretty bad this year! Moving from the NE 12yrs ago to AZ I love it so much I will never go back. Many of the roads you have taken I have not and they are in my back yard. I need to retire fast and get on the road! With any luck I'll get a chance to find great friends like you guys to spend the days on the slab and trails.

Best of luck on your future adventures!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I've only had time to get through about 25% of your ride report. I'll definitely finish my reading when time permits. It's an enjoyable read with good pics.

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
I've only had time to get through about 25% of your ride report. I'll definitely finish my reading when time permits. It's an enjoyable read with good pics.
Very worth reading it all, gets real good as the going gets tough. :smile2:

·
Registered
894 Posts
I would love to experience an adventure like yours. I must say, the stress of being a hundred miles from no where in foul weather may be more enjoyable as experienced through reading than in reality.

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
I would love to experience an adventure like yours. I must say, the stress of being a hundred miles from no where in foul weather may be more enjoyable as experienced through reading than in reality.
Oh but the stories we have. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Getting out of one's comfort zone releases endorphin's, which leads to exhilaration and later a sense of accomplishment(or utter failure). It can't be obtained unless you put yourself out there. I don't want to live in that zone(yes it can be addicting), but once a year or so I try and have some type of experience just to know I'm still alive. If we fail, we learn, then try again or know our limits.....either way it's a win because we tried.

There are a pair of guys on ADV that tried to do the entire TAT from coast to coast in 12 days on Africa Twins. They are in Moab with 2 days to go but had one hell of a ride getting there. They are going to ride Moab for a few days then slab it home & return to fight again on another day. Zero failure, nothing to prove because they were already light years out of their comfort zone and they set a lofty goal.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Big South West and West trip "USA" as told by my bud Craig!!!!

Well said Motor7. I too like to push myself beyond the boundaries. At 55 I do have a slightly more keen sense of mortality than I did 35 years ago. I guess that just makes it easier to leave my comfort zone since the zone is tamer than it used to be.

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
We are all ready to do it again, but this time on lighter more capable machines. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts