Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this bike stand on display at the Toronto bike show . They had one with a full-dress Harley on it , raised to the point where the footpegs were at waist level , and another empty lift that they were driving up and down using a cordless drill .

http://bigblueincanada.com/wp-content/themes/theme1566/images/gallery/gal-large-55.jpg

I was intrigued , but I knew that the VStrom , particularly without the skidplate , would be a trickier proposition to lift , but they assured me that with the various lifting adapters , any bike brand / model could be accomodated .

http://bigblueincanada.com/wp-content/themes/theme1566/images/gallery/gal-large-19.jpg

They quoted me $800 CDN for the lift c/w the basic beam-mount kit for lifting a bike with 2 frame rails like the Harley , and $75 each for the other lifting kits .

I walked away that day , but the seed was planted , and I bought his display model at the next show . It turns out that their warehouse is in my town , so picking up the extra mount kits I wanted was a breeze .

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thumbs - more than 2 at work here ...

So you may be thinking ; " If his mechanical skills are no better than his internet skills , this will take forever and / or end badly " .

How do I embed those photos from the vendor's website in my post , rather than linking them ?

PS - bike safely up on the lift , plastics and tank removed , building up courage to start the fork rebuild process .

·
Registered
313 Posts
Here's a picture of the V Strom suspended 3 feet from the floor.

Yes , it's in my basement for the winter - Isn't yours ?
Why yes it is as a matter of fact. Best (and most expensive) piece of furniture down there.:yesnod:

I like the fact of the lift taking up much less space than a table lift but 800 bucks is a bit pricey IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts