StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an '06 650 V-Strom and am quite pleased with the bike except for the junky suspension. Why would you put such terrible suspension on ANY of your offerings. Not only are the front forks terrible, but they are also poorly clamped with just one upper pinch bolt and two at the bottom. Use the technology from your MX bikes and put on a proper suspension system. Very disappointing and makes me want to not consider a new Suzuki in my future. :headbang:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sonic Springs

I have the 1000, and put Sonic springs and new fork oil, and a fork brace on mine. It no longer feels like rubber in fast switchbacks and on the brakes.
The back is stock adjusted for my weight, 135lb. I am happy with mine now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Relatively speaking the wee is an inexpensive motorcycle. The what you get for what you paid ratio is pretty good. Most people enjoy the fact that these bikes leave room for improvment and customizing. Farkling the bike and sharing here is part of the fun of owning one. As far as the suspension goes there are plenty of mods to make the bike much better. Just search this forum. If modifying the bike isn't for you, just buy a more expensive motorcycle. :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
17,537 Posts
That would increase the price, as would better brakes.:fineprint:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a couple of wishes for a better bike from Suzuki. As far as making these improvements which would bump up the price of the bike, well, yeah....duh! But incorporating these upgrades from the start through mass production, you actually get a better price than adding them later thru the aftermarket. I'm aware that the suspension is not a one-size-fits-all item. An aftermarket spring to suit the individual is an acceptable expense and is expected just as my MX bike required. Seems to me that a bump in initial bike purchase price of around $750 that includes a few upgrades is better than spending 3 times that amount on aftermarket pieces. One thing that I see this bike(and many more bikes need) is a higher stator output from the factory. Trying to do this mod thru the aftermarket is a turkey shoot and often times leads to disaster. IMHO.:beatnik:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts