StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 DL1000 24,800. miles. All six magnets loose. JB welded them back and now I'm charging ok.

Something this simple to fail is not good.

I would like a V4 1250cc chain drive, cast wheel bike in a frame/suspension same as my DL1000. Something that has the power like my 2007 Bandit 1250 all torque, with the comfort of my V Strom 1000.

·
Administrator
16,984 Posts
Loose migrating magnets on the first gen 1000's are made worse by clutch chudder, yet another Suzuki screw up which they won't fix on the 1000's....same for idle hammer.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
07 DL1000 24,800. miles. All six magnets loose. JB welded them back and now I'm charging ok.

Something this simple to fail is not good.

I would like a V4 1250cc chain drive, cast wheel bike in a frame/suspension same as my DL1000. Something that has the power like my 2007 Bandit 1250 all torque, with the comfort of my V Strom 1000.

Motus MST fits the bill

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loose migrating magnets on the first gen 1000's are made worse by clutch chudder, yet another Suzuki screw up which they won't fix on the 1000's....same for idle hammer.
Love the bike, can't sell it for anything. I've done Terry's clutch basket job, synced TB's and I still can't run under 3k RPM's. My Bandit on the other hand could roll off 1500 RPM top gear with out a hic-up smooth as glass, never needed a down shift to pass.

·
Administrator
16,984 Posts
Love the bike, can't sell it for anything. I've done Terry's clutch basket job, synced TB's and I still can't run under 3k RPM's. My Bandit on the other hand could roll off 1500 RPM top gear with out a hic-up smooth as glass, never needed a down shift to pass.
Installed a power commander or other type of fuel management system by chance?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PC3 fuel controller. It all works and runs ok. Just some of the issues are irritating and driving the resale value down.

I'm really missing my 07 Bandit 1250, it had all the drivability traits that I like. Bone stock also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts