Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out the hard way that the three spoke mag wheel that comes standard on dl1000's and 650's bends relativly easy due to lack of proper support. When I had the rim straightened they commented on how the rim really wasn't a good one for off pavement riding. When I researched the options for a rim with better support or even a non-mag wheel I came up empty handed. I don't think this issue requires the stock wheels to be better but other options would be appreciated. ;)

Thanks,
Buildit
South Vienna, OH

·
0 Posts
Have Woody make you some custom Wire Spoke Wheels.

It can be...for the right $$$PRICE$$$, lol.

BTD.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
They aren't great, but they are stronger than the spoked KTM 990 wheels by quite a margin.

Those cost upwards of $1000 to replace with something not made of cheese as well ;)

Pete

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They aren't great, but they are stronger than the spoked KTM 990 wheels by quite a margin.

Those cost upwards of $1000 to replace with something not made of cheese as well ;)

Pete
I didn't know the 990 had mag wheels?

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I didn't know the 990 had mag wheels?

Heh, the ones I've seen cutaway (knocked away) sections of ;), appeared to be made of aluminium alloy. Replace them with a new hub, Excel rims and stainless spokes i.e. things that don't break easily and the cost gets up there.

I have a little ding in my front rim which you can only see if you really look - the 990 chasing me when I scored that got a big smiley face on the same washed out culvert.
His rim cracked through later - which is how I found out how much it cost to replace a 990 rim with something that will take a hit.

Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts