StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the tbox with the led brake light? I'm not sure the best place to tap into stock wiring because I have already tied in my Hyperlite led brake lights to it.

Will I overload the wiring adding another led light? Is there a better solution?

chuck

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have installed this box. I took the wires and ran them out the bottom of the box, then ran them under the back of the seat and tapped into wires from under the seat (you can see clearly which ones plug into the light bulb)

I didn't know the colors of the wires but a multimeter helped me a great deal.

For what it's worth, I also installed a powerlet outlet in the box to recharge phones, Bluetooth headsets, etc. it's constantly powered and I ran the wires along the led wires.

Ive had it maybe a month now, been riding about 2000 miles a month, all weather, bike stays outside all the time (no garage) and no problems. I don't foreseen any problems either.

Alexi

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the 929 top box with the light kit. I used Eastern Beaver's tail light/brake light/turn signal plug and play harness. It plugs right into the bike's rear light harness and gives you a nice length of wires to connect to. It's pretty slick. I used the smaller row of lights on top for running lights and the longer light strip for brake lights. Mr. Davis at Eastern Beaver makes nice, simple wiring solutions for our Stroms. Highly recommended:thumbup:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Do you happen to have pictures of your install?
gimme a few days. I'll post them up. Latest, Monday.

I used positaps to splice into the ground and brake wires, I used spade connectors to attach them so if I wanted to take the box off (I never do, but maybe for maintenance our something else some day I might want to) I can just unplug the spades. And I used heat shrink over the spade connectors, and plenty of electrical tape to make it black and blend in better.

Alexi

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't have access to a computer that I can use to upload pics. If anyone is interested in pics of where I tapped into the wires, where I put the electrical outlet (powerlet) in the bestem box, PM me with your email address and I'll just email you the 8 or so pictures I took. Best I can do at the moment. Sorry.

Alexi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts