StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Bestem 929 a couple of days ago and am very pleased with it. I have not seen where anybody has mounted it on the rack that comes with the facotry side bags. First I had to get new bolts 3/4" shorter than stock. I shortened one of the bars that came with the bag to put under the rack and used the other one as a spacer on top between the rack and the bag plate. I spaced the rear with washers after I drilled to holes to line up with the holes in the adapter plate. I didn't mind doing this because I had not intended to get the factory bags but, due to a snafu at the dealer I got it from, I got the good financing and the bags for $199. Posted below are pictures of the brackets and the insall. I hope this helps anybody that has this set up. I looked everywhere and nobody had done this one before. The wiring is next.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Since I'm a bit new, I didn't post it, but here is my 929 mounting plate on the factory side case rack:

I mounted mine straight to the rack. Both of the mounting bars were cut and placed on the underside.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for posting this thread. I have a2011 with the same top box and waiting on the factory side bags. Looking forward to seeing how you do the wiring. I'm thinking about using the top light only as break light. The larger lower light as both running and brake. Does anyone know of the OEM side bags have light?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for taking the trouble to post pics. I just had one of these delivered and found your pics helpful in figuring out my mounting.

·
Registered
72 Posts
. Looking forward to seeing how you do the wiring. I'm thinking about using the top light only as break light. The larger lower light as both running and brake.
I know this was directed at the original poster, but here's how I did it:
Eastern Beaver tail light harness, and a Marinco locking 12v waterproof plug.
Still plenty of posterior roominess, and super clean aesthetics when the box is off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like that light quick connect. I've been thinking of how to make a quick connect and think that's a great idea. I have a few 12volt adapters looking for a home....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts