StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Spend the extra and get the 550....it comes with the car kit, which, separately, is more than the difference in price of the units....I know, I've had my 450 for a year now.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Spend the extra and get the 550....it comes with the car kit, which, separately, is more than the difference in price of the units....I know, I've had my 450 for a year now.

Or you buy the Zumo 450 at that price and buy a dedicated GPS for the car like a nuvi 350 or 360 and you'll still be spending less then buying a Zumo 550.......then you never have to remove it from the bike or car.

·
Registered
22,267 Posts
Or you buy the Zumo 450 at that price and buy a dedicated GPS for the car like a nuvi 350 or 360 and you'll still be spending less then buying a Zumo 550.......then you never have to remove it from the bike or car.
+1 on that, I bought the 450 cause it was to be (and still is) dedicated to my Vee, no need for XM or bluetooth. it's mounted to my Vee to look like a factory installaton

if I ever drive my cage enuf for a GPS to be useful, it will get a dedicated unit, more suitable for a cage

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Costco only has the Zumo 450 model on sale, which is about $150 less from internet prices. Plus buying it at Costco gives the buyer 2 years of warranty. Thanks for the info but I'll stick with the 450.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I like the price and I am pretty much sold on the 450. My problem is this. Costco.com will not ship to Canada or PO boxes, they want you to use Costco.ca. The price on the Canadian site is $629!!!!!:mad5: WTF It can't cost them $280 per unit to get them across the border can it? I think I feel a road trip coming on unless someone knows a better way around this.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I feel a road trip coming on...
Don't bet on a road trip helping you out...
Chances are great that they won't have the 450 in the store!
Costco goes to great pains to ensure that what they sell online is not available in the store and vice versa. Sometimes there are dup's, but...

Got a friend in the states that can purchase it for you? Then you could take a road trip to visit and get your GPS...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Don't bet on a road trip helping you out...
Chances are great that they won't have the 450 in the store!
Costco goes to great pains to ensure that what they sell online is not available in the store and vice versa. Sometimes there are dup's, but...

Got a friend in the states that can purchase it for you? Then you could take a road trip to visit and get your GPS...
That's good to know. I was toying with the idea of going tomorrow. I'll have to rethink that. We have a Costco 20 mins away. I wonder if I went there and inquired about the price difference, what their response would be? I might be better off e-mailing that question to Costco.ca......

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wonder if I went there and inquired about the price difference, what their response would be? I might be better off e-mailing that question to Costco.ca......
I doubt it, but it may be something as strange as .ca is an authorized dealer and the usa stores/online are not. I know the US is not, but that's one of the reasons that costco provides a two year warranty instead of the the Garmin 1 year...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts