StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I'm a V-Strom owner and engineer that got tired of the windshield buffeting problems. The key is not to keep buying windshields, the key is to have a mount that lets you dial in height and rake for ANY windshield. Does that solve the buffeting problems? You bet it does. Here's the CORRECT link (sorry about previous problems):

http://store.prostores.com/madstadengineering/awm_info.html

Regards,
MadStad

·
Registered
319 Posts
the borg said:
Linky no worky. :(
Yup.. No worky...
Just a generic administration screen that doesn't allow anything..

MadStad, please post a link for this.. I'm Very interested!!!

===============================================

MadStad Engineering User: None Logon Server: tomcat03.prostores.com Design Studio View Store Online Guide
Home
Getting Started
Store

General
Payment Prefs
Mail
Shipping Prefs
Sales Tax
Server
Product Prefs
Promotions

Available
Configured

Active
Inactive

Email Marketing
Users
StoreSync Setup
Maintenance
Store Log

Product

List
Search
Add
Promotions
Configured

Active
Inactive

Categories
Add
List
Map
Manufacturers
Add
List
Products
Market Demand

eBay

Setup
Listings Mgr
Templates
Tools

Shopping Sites

Froogle
Shopping.com
Shopzilla
Yahoo!

SEO

Order

Pending Orders

Auth - Credit
Auth - Other

Ready for Shipping
Completed Orders
Credits

Shipping

List
Priority
Will Call

Customer

Add
List

Support

Design Studio
Import Data
Export Data
Create Static Page
Upload Images
File Management
Utilities

Executive
Product
Category
Sales

ProStores Store Administration Message
Login failed.
Click here to try again.

© Copyright 2006 ProStores Inc. All Rights Reserved. v7.0.0.228

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed the Link - Adjustable Windshield Mount

MadStad said:
Folks, I'm a V-Strom owner and engineer that got tired of the windshield buffeting problems. The key is not to keep buying windshields, the key is to have a mount that lets you dial in height and rake for ANY windshield. Does that solve the buffeting problems? You bet it does. Take a look:

http://store.prostores.com/servlet/madstadengineering/Admin/FileDownload?dir=/catalog/&location=C&file=awm_info.html

Regards,
MadStad
Sorry, the link is now fixed.

MadStad
DL650 K6

·
Registered
29 Posts
Adjustable mount

Would love to see any photos of this mount on a Strom. Initial look appears rather complex/bulky - with all those holes etc.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looks promising. I hope you can get your store issues sorted out. It's asking for client log-in username and password.
I too would like to see pics installed. 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
klong said:
babooka said:
The new link worked OK for me; too bad I have an '03 tho'.

KevinL
Sorry about the link problems. Instead, go to my web site at www.MadStad.com and click on Motorcycle Accessories. Click on either item and in the description at the end, click on 'here' for the full info page.

The stainless brackets in the photos are pre-production and look worse in these views than they really are. I produce the mount in powder-coated black and it virtually disappears when mounted. I'll be updating my site in the next few days, or send me an email to [email protected] and I'll send you some pics. Fact of the matter is, it works; I can ride with the stock shield and have no buffeting.

MadStad

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
d2mini said:
MadStad said:
click on 'here' for the full info page.
Ya, that's the part where it brings you to a failed log-in page. If you click here again, it asks you for your log-in info.
No more problems, my web store provider had given me some BAD information, hence the problems. Here's the proper WORKING link to see my adjustable windshield mount:

http://store.prostores.com/madstadengineering/awm_info.html

Thank you all for your patience.

MadStad

·
Registered
255 Posts
Mad,

Couple questions:

1) Is that black paint "flat" or "semi-gloss"? And is it good paint that won't scratch off?

2) Are the plastic type things (two on each mount) there to protect/support the windshield so it doesn't touch the metal?

Thanks! Looks like a great solution. I'm going to try it I think.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Woot! Glad you got it all figured out! 8)

Looks very promising, and seems like such a simple solution. Dang it, it just might work! :shock:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lajaro said:
ChrisW123 said:
Mad,

Couple questions:
1) Site says Semi-Gloss, powder coated.
2) Use the mounts in the H bracket to keep the windscreen off the metal.

Hope this helps!
The black powder-coating is semi-gloss black rather than flat black or glossy. The semi-gloss matches the cowling plastic very well, and costs a bit more than flat black but is worth it. The black mount almost 'disappears' when installed. Here's a photo:

http://store.prostores.com/madstadengineering/catalog/blk_shield_front_view.jpg

The rubber Wellnuts from the Suzuki bracket do not keep the windshield off of the metal; I include rubber bumpers for that purpose. They are adhesive and stick to the top of the mount, 2 per side, keeping the plastic off of the metal. The rubber on the Wellnuts was too thin for that purpose.

MadStad

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Adjustable mount

mike said:
Would love to see any photos of this mount on a Strom. Initial look appears rather complex/bulky - with all those holes etc.

Thanks, Mike
Here are a few photos of my adjustable mount on my Strom:

MadStad

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Mad,

Great pic's. Which position do you have that mounted in? Low, Middle, Top? I gotta say I love the idea, but I think those giant wing nuts might get a little distracting in the line-of-site :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
pics

Sure does help understand how this works. Is the 2" up and down adjustment better than stock adjustment? Whatever, one doesn't need to step into the garage to adjust. Tilt function sounds great. What I really need is a van following me (not too close) with my hot weather (cut way down stocker) and rain/cold (Windstrom) shields. Since that's not in the cards, I'm ordering.

Thanks, Mike

1 - 20 of 74 Posts