StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recomendations please for the best under-seat pump and plug kit for that flat tire emergency away from help. I have 12V socket to run the pump. Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
I carry a plug kit (snake and goop) that has an inflator that uses CO2 cartridges. Comes all together in an almost-pocket-sized pouch. Got it at the local bike shop. About $40 IIRC.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I p[cked up a nail in my rear and fixed it using slime. Slime sells a motorcycle kit with a pump included for about 40 dollars. After being repaired I put another 4000 miles before I replaced the tire.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I bought a standard path kit at an auto parts store (lower right), and a Blackburn mountain bike pump. Keep both under the seat.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I like the pocket tire plugger kit
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Stop--Go-Pocket-Plugger-Tubeless-Tire-Repair-Kit-p-16776.html

It sets a mushroom plug. Pretty easy to use, and since it works mechanically, it's not much work.

I've only tested it on an old tire (off the rim), but there were lots of good reviews of it round the web.

BTW, Aerostich isn't the cheapest place to get it, but I knew I could get the link there.

+1, thats the one to get, it'll get you home and tehn some, hell I have even used it on my Kubota rear tires and its still in there. I had to replace one of those leaking string type plugs with the shroom. Very good kit and good quality tools included.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Many posts on different sites that the mushroom plugs sometimes fail or won't seal. The best is the strings and glue with the Slime compact pump. Voted best by MCN. Fits under the seat and runs from a Powerlet power outlet. Just an observation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts