StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Princess Barbie® and I were on our yearly week-away and saw many of these signs just across the Ontario border with Quebec. GO QUEBEC!

I wonder if they're just sick and tired of idiots on loud bikes roaring their beautiful riverside villages?

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
It's a shame that some people have to be reminded that being considerate of others is more important than sounding "cool".

·
Registered
900 Posts
Princess Barbie® and I were on our yearly week-away and saw many of these signs just across the Ontario border with Quebec. GO QUEBEC!

I wonder if they're just sick and tired of idiots on loud bikes roaring their beautiful riverside villages?

We could use some of those here in my town...although phonetic "English" might be more in order.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Dollars to donuts that more pipes are revved/rapped around those signs than not. I've had aftermarket pipes on a # of my bikes , but was considerate where I knew it was wise. I never had pipes that "Barked" though , and if that is a riders mentality , he views this as his/her right. Short sighted for sure........

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Is that French for "Crank it up, Bubba?"

·
Registered
835 Posts
I couldn't help but laugh at this one on the Blue Ridge Parkway when I saw it.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
It's a shame that some people have to be reminded that being considerate of others is more important than sounding "cool".
+1000000000000000

It's a well known fact that HD riders and many squibs are not considerate of anyone other than themselves.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I remember having a 350 Honda with the baffles knocked out that made it really loud. I surely can't remember why, and I'm sure that preventing accidents was the farthest thing from my mind, hell, who gets in accidents at 18. At my old age now, I still know riders who think it prevents accidents, kind of like the "Baby on board" stickers. They are called accidents for a reason. And in my mind, for every step we take forward in improving our image, these douchebags take it back tenfold every time someone hears them.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
....that, or a pic of Indian Larry???
Ooh! Ouch! Insensitivity gone wild!

But a good one.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Not enough tattoos on his neck to be ole Indian Larry.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I wonder if there is any enforcement behind that sign.

A lot of the loud pipers would be pleased to know that they are annoying someone. Shoving some potatoes up their pipes when they are parked is usually a friendly way to return the favor.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Great sign! Written in French it grabs your attention.

People are getting tired of listening to that crap. I rode Harleys but they always had stock exhaust because I hate noise, any kind of noise. Now there is directed enforcement and bike check points going on all over the country funded by grants. Any bike without EPA compliant pipes is getting wacked. Loud bikers bitch because they say they are being picked on but that’s like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer then bitching at the doctor about stitches.

Every time I am sitting in my back yard oasis enjoying a beer and the dog and some yahoo blast down the road on an uncorked Harley I want to break his handlebars over his head, it’s just downright rude and obnoxious and the non-riding public places all bikers into the same obnoxious group, and we all know that is not so.

·
Registered
487 Posts
over in quebexico, they check db readings on bike when you cross the border. they have a law now against loud pipes being too loud.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts