StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was dumb enough to buy a Nuvi 680 that has no advanced route planning capabilities. :headbang: Now I have to find a way around to prepare for the next season. What should/could I use to plan my 2010 rides?

I have a PC with Internet connection. I'd need something that I can mock with throughout the winter. I tried Google maps, but when I saved the route to my maps it did not give me the option to change waypoints.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
22,265 Posts
I haven't found any one tool, too many variables, too much information to keep updated

while computer mapping might be good, its not perfect

I do my planinning with a combination of sources

most important, Delorme Atlases, yep, paper maps,

I also use google map, mapquest, highway info at thenextexit.com
I also visit state DOT websites for construction information

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
654 Posts
micrososoft streets and trips is a decent one for planning where you are going. Buy it or find it (I have legal copys) it works well for planning. there are ways to convert the routes to ones usable on some gps devices, no idea how to do it but know it can be done.

CAA/AAA have somftware as well if you are a memeber. Also you can have the route but into a booklet for you, its free for members tripticks I think its called. Very nice setup, booklet for your specific trip. That is what I am using for paper maps as its got area maps and route maps.

·
Registered
118 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts