StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have the 2015 ADV model with the factory hard cases/mounts. What would you guys recommend for the cheapest, but adequate rack system to add so I can carry soft luggage saddlebags? Thanks guys...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
OK I have the 2015 ADV model with the factory hard cases/mounts. What would you guys recommend for the cheapest, but adequate rack system to add so I can carry soft luggage saddlebags? Thanks guys...

If you already have racks use THEM. I do. I simply drape my soft luggage over my suzuki hard luggage racks. They work great.

Brian

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you already have racks use THEM. I do. I simply drape my soft luggage over my suzuki hard luggage racks. They work great.

Brian
Well, that's the problem with the 2014+, there are no racks. There are only places for the OEM cases to "hook" on.

Looks like the low cost winner is the offering from Rick's Adventure Tech. I'll have to see if the bags from another inmate's company will match up with them. Concerned about not much for the straps to attach to...compromises when money is involved always suck!

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is a thread around here somewhere about these.

Saddle Bag Guards - AdventureTech, LLC.
Yep, Rick's sideracks are awesome and affordable. If you're just looking to run soft bags, these racks are perfect. The plates and the posts can be strapped to, and the bike itself has many places to strap. The Wolfman Expedition dry bags work perfectly on these.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, Rick's sideracks are awesome and affordable. If you're just looking to run soft bags, these racks are perfect. The plates and the posts can be strapped to, and the bike itself has many places to strap. The Wolfman Expedition dry bags work perfectly on these.
I'm assuming it's just a coupe of minutes to remove them and go back to OEM cases?

·
Registered
122 Posts
The sideracks come off very quickly. I can't speak to how much effort is required to mount the factory side cases back on; I've never seen the brackets for them in person.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts