StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looking for better than stock bulbs I can just plug in and be done.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
If you want halogen I have had great success with Phillips Extreme Vision bulbs.

If LED, see Tom’s thread in this forum. I dropped in some really nice LEDs and it freed up to 60 watts of power.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did the LED conversion. Got all of it inside the housing. Not a single modification needed. With the headlight off the bike, I rotated the bulb 360 deg to find out what position gave the cleanest cutoff and best focused light. Once this was done, everything was stuffed into the housing and closed up. Been working great for about a year now. Nice clean cut off. Set so it doesn’t blind drivers in front of me. I used several vehicles trunks as guides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Well, that's great. I left the driver out of the housing fearing it would overheat the interior of the headlight. But I see you were brave and got all inside the housing and had no problems ever since. That's good news.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have since replaced the entire headlight to a led headlight unit. Way better than any bulb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: reasonable

·
Registered
171 Posts
Jinstall, care to share a product link or part number

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Motocanada LITERALLY wrote the artical on this and tested multiple LED bulbs. His findings were for a 2018 1000XTeadlight revolution CSP mini in H7 & H11.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thanks dave
from Headlightrevolution.com

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks dave
from Headlightrevolution.com
But not street legal in United States? And is there a thread on this?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Black Friday Week - 15% off $100 until 11/30 with SAVE15HR

Alright V-strommers and V-strommettes... I just ordered individual H7 & H11 CSP mini LEDs from headlightrevolution.com and there's a sale on. You'll note that they only offer bulbs in pairs. If you want to buy individual bulbs, you have to 1st create an account and 2nd contact customer service with a request for them to add individual bulbs to your shopping cart. After customer service adds the bulbs to your cart, the next time you login, you'll get a message to accept the additions to your cart.

After the $19.73 discount, the two bulbs cost $111.77 shipped free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts