StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the Heidnau k60 rear for 210.09$ shipped from Black Dog Cycle. Has anyone found a better deal anywhere? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
707 Posts
OH my, that's expensive...what kind of mileage estimates are you expecting?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can 8k out of the Anahee2 but a friend gets 12-15k out of a k60 on his GSA. Ive talked to a couple of riders who swear by them. Thery say to expect to get double the mileage of the Anakee2,,,which is my second favorite tire.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Those prices are pretty comparable. I like to look of the K60s but I'll confess that I haven't looked at the Anakees. I'd better extend my research...

·
Registered
462 Posts
140/80

If you are willing to use a 140 scrambler cycle has them for $160 + shipping. Their site says they are out of 150s.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you are going with the K60, you probably are looking for a bit more aggressive tread. I'd prefer the 140 myself since the center stripe only shows up once they are half way worn. On the 150, you have that center stripe from new and that has to drastically cut down its off roading abilities.

Plus its cheaper to buy too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The K60 is great for general off road duty, but the center strip does reduce traction. I have a little of 12k kms on mine (Alaska return July 2011) since installing last spring, but think I will going to the Mitas E-07 for my next tire.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of mileage should I expect from the k60s? How much price diffrence between k60s and the Midas?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well I've got over 12,500 miles on the K60 that is currently on the bike. It is pretty much toast at this point. I could probably squeeze another 1000 out of it if I was desperate, but I'm not. So I'll be sticking the new K60 scout that is sitting in the garage on there this weekend. For those that might care I'm using 140s (recommended if you are looking for dirt). I have read the complaints about the new center strip, I'm not all that convinced about it being so much worse than the original style (I'd still go for an original style K60 if available). My reasoning is this, by the time the tire has worn to the center strip I think it will have worn flat enough that on a softer surface the rest of the center blocks should get traction.

·
Premium Member
4,182 Posts
Not sure i would buy a tire that lasts twice as long as an Anakee 2 does. It just means the rubber is harder and you will have less traction in wet conditions.

Has anyone ridden these in wet? How do they grip?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have never had an issue with the K60 in the rain (spent a couple days in solid heavy rain on my Alaska trip July '11), but I am not scraping pegs either.

Just my 2 cents.

As for the mileage difference between the K60s and Mitas, the guys that have made the switch on ADVRider say they are very similar. I personally have not used the Mitas yet, but it will be next tire unless something drastic happens.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not sure i would buy a tire that lasts twice as long as an Anakee 2 does. It just means the rubber is harder and you will have less traction in wet conditions.

Has anyone ridden these in wet? How do they grip?
Not necessarily. The Shinko 705 front tires seem to wear like iron, 20k+ miles is pretty easy on those front tires, yet they have amazing wet grip. I think its more important to just have "fresh tires" that aren't dry rotted and stuff or been stored a long time.

Besides, with the K60's we are talking about rear tires and whose not trying to get more mileage out of their rear tire. I think the front is much more important to wet conditions as its usually the one you are pushing more in a turn or trying to stop quickly. For most front tires, 10k+ is pretty easy too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts