StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if one of you out there knows of a place hidden in the weeds of the internet that has the best price on these?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Wondering if one of you out there knows of a place hidden in the weeds of the internet that has the best price on these?
I wouldn't buy Givi again.

I have had two of the top cases on two different bikes, both cases bought brand new.
Both cases have had problems with the latch [same problem on both] and the second case has had the stitching come undone on the elastic retaining strap inside the case.

I have the monokey side cases with the combo lock lid on the Wee, both combo locks are stuffed and the key locks are binding [came new with the bike last September].

The cases also leak.
I have been waiting at least six weeks for the Givi rep to pick up the cases for inspection.
This afternoon I gave up and picked up the cases from the bike shop [the guy at the bike shop has been great in trying to help, considering he didn't sell me the bike or the cases].

Givi will be happy because they got out of fixing the problem even though I paid a large sum of money for their product.

As far as I'm concerned they can shove their Givi stuff sideways up where the sun don't shine.

And just for the record, others on this forum have also reported the Givi cases leak and members of another motorcycle club I'm in also reported the same thing.

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear that about your experience with Givi cases. So far, my side cases have worked great. I have a little, shitty knockoff topcase and want more room and better quality.

What are you going to go with, other than Givi?

I wouldn't buy Givi again.

I have had two of the top cases on two different bikes, both cases bought brand new.
Both cases have had problems with the latch [same problem on both] and the second case has had the stitching come undone on the elastic retaining strap inside the case.

I have the monokey side cases with the combo lock lid on the Wee, both combo locks are stuffed and the key locks are binding [came new with the bike last September].

The cases also leak.
I have been waiting at least six weeks for the Givi rep to pick up the cases for inspection.
This afternoon I gave up and picked up the cases from the bike shop [the guy at the bike shop has been great in trying to help, considering he didn't sell me the bike or the cases].

Givi will be happy because the got out of fixing the problem even though I paid a large sum of money for their product.

As far as I'm concerned they can shove their Givi stuff sideways up where the sun don't shine.

And just for the record, others on this forum have also reported the Givi cases leak and members of another motorcycle club I'm in also reported the same thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would take a look into the Shad SH-50 topcase ... I picked one up on fleabay for $180, brand new ... It may have been Garnet colored, but whatever.. I got it installed and must say it's a very solid case with plenty of room... Locking mechanism is great and very easy to turn the key and pop the entire box off like a big suitcase.
Mounts right to my luggage rack from Turbo City, but would also be easy to fit onto the OEM rack after removing that rubber mat... Cheaper than the Givi and I feel as though the quality is very similar.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
What are you going to go with, other than Givi?
RJays maybe, I will research more before I buy replacements for the Givis.
I just bought a set of new RJays soft touring pannier bags ($80 Aus.) while waiting for Givi to sort out the hard cases but as mentioned Givi have not even picked up the cases yet so I got them back from the bike shop yesterday.

The best thing I can say about my three Beemers I owned in the past was that none of the luggage on them leaked or gave any other problems (except the bloody Givi top case on the GS I traded in on the Wee).

All I can say is Givi will have to work very hard and put things right if they are going to win me back as a customer.
I'm loyal to brands and companies that "do the right thing" by customers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts