StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be buying a relatively new Weestrom, still in factory warranty. I'd like to buy the extended warranty. Where is the best place (less $$$) to buy this? Does it matter what dealer sells the warranty?

Howard

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Warranty? WARRANTY??

V-Stroms don't need no extended warranty!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Oneida Suzuki is who I bought mine through a couple years ago. At the time you could buy it right on line on their website. I would give them a look... just checked and you still can.. looks like 385 for 3 years or 525 for 60 months.. However as heavy mentioned, I purchased a three year and never used a penny of it.. and no it doesn't matter where you buy it. Unless your local shop is hard to work with.. some give you a hard time if you didn't buy it from them..

·
Registered
556 Posts
fwiw my warranty I purchased with my brand new bike is a few weeks from expiring and has not been used. Read around and you will see these things are reliable.

·
Banned
4,051 Posts
Here's how you invest in an extended warranty:
It's called a savings account.

The reason people sell them is because they are profitable. They are especially profitable on the v-strom.

Save your cash, pay for your own repairs if you need them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Keep in mind, its NOT a extended warranty, its a service contract. There is a difference between the two. Why not find out now much this service contract is going to cost you, put the money away, and when your bike does have a problem you can use the money to fix it.

You will find out that the bikes are very reliable, but I'm sure that there are the couple of odd examples out there. I'm pretty sure tho that once this "service contract" is up, you will have used little to no money that you stashed away. IMHO its a loosing gamble that benefits the other party.

Choose wisely :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I bought mine from Oneida. I was having some issues right before the factory warranty was up... The one warranty service they did under the extended warranty came to more than I paid for it, so I've already saved enough to justify it. I need to drop it off in the coming weeks to have the fuel pump/sending unit replaced. I don't want to mess with it myself, and I've got the warranty, so I'll let the dealership deal with it (they're usually a little slow right now anyways).

·
Registered
988 Posts
Warranty? WARRANTY??

V-Stroms don't need no STINKINGextended warranty!!!
I toyed with it when I bought my 06 new, but didn't buy it. Worked for me, but I might have just as easily bought it for the peace of mind.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Guess what, the only company that makes out on the service contract is the one who writes the policy and the one who sells it. They don't do it to break even, they do it to MAKE MONEY. IMHO, no way. Now if you were going to ride 50,000 miles a year for the next three years, maybe.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I looked at the service policy offered on Ebay and it says for bikes over 900 CC. Wonder if they have a different one for the DL650?

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
An internet search for Suzuki extended protection plan will show several choices at relatively good prices.

All so-called extended warranties are actually peace of mind insurance. Most buyers lose money. A few break about even. A very small number save the cost of big repairs. It's up to you.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Warranty? Really?

Yeesh. My warranty is so voided I can void other people's warranties just by parking close to them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts