StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

Where is the best place (i.e. cheapest) to buy aftermarket top and side cases in Canada. Approximately how much are they (say Givi's)?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Hey Folks,

Where is the best place (i.e. cheapest) to buy aftermarket top and side cases in Canada. Approximately how much are they (say Givi's)?

Thanks
Canada's a big place. Where are you?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think the Givi's are sold exclusively by a retailer out of Quebec. Their prices were pretty steep if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
....Roughly how much?

Thanks.
With a little effort, you can find that Importations Thibault has quite a comprehensive web page and they actually have a givi.ca link posted on their english start page. Retail prices are there. Figure about a 15% discount, if it is too much effort to call local dealers and ask.

lazy

easy to find

don't strain yourself

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
With a little effort, you can find that Importations Thibault has quite a comprehensive web page and they actually have a givi.ca link posted on their english start page. Retail prices are there. Figure about a 15% discount, if it is too much effort to call local dealers and ask.

lazy

easy to find

don't strain yourself
Aww, gee. I was gonna call up GIVI and get him -all- the prices.

Now what am I going to do to fill the time this afternoon? :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
Maybe start getting all your makeup and hair ready for the Strom ride on April 20th?

..Tom

Aww, gee. I was gonna call up GIVI and get him -all- the prices.

Now what am I going to do to fill the time this afternoon? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry folks. I assumed at least someone had bought these and would know the price off the top of their heads.

Don't even have the bike yet, just trying to do some research before heading into a dealer.

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
Just so you know.. there is a lot of SERIOUS cabin fever going on around here and many of us are getting a bit slap happy. (Some actually got to ride today and feel quite a bit better although I suspect they will be going even more batty in a day or two once they realize they aren't riding their Strom.) Don't take any of the snide remarks or other comments from the cheap seats seriously.. we love you or at least we *will* love you if you get a V-Strom and tell us what part of Canada you live in.

Heavy & Janice will love you even more if you get a 1000.. the rest of us will love you just as much if you do get a 1000 and will consider you even more lovable *and* highly intelligent if you get a 650.

Once we know where you live, we can perhaps give you a really good idea of costs and where to buy the cases. This of course assumes that you know which cases you want to get (I count at least 9 Givi monokey normal cases, that doesn't include the PLX Cases or Monolock cases) and where you live (see it all comes back to that.) If you are just looking for a rough idea then the suggestion to go to Importation's web site and play with the possible Givi cases is a good one. As has been mentioned before you likely will get 10 or 15% off of that from however you buy from.

I wouldn't get too caught up in that just yet, though. You probably don't know which cases would suit you better and there are a ton of choices out there. For me, a 52 litre GIVI was a wonderful choice, and if I only had one case that would be all I would ever want. For times where I feel I need more space I have some GIVI E41's mounted on some removable SW-Motech sideracks (which for me is a great choice as I don't usually have the side cases on.) My older Brother gave me some E21 cases last year as well when he got some E41's. I have all my cases keyed the same so one case works on any of them.

Many riders in the States have come across some really cheap copies, some people seem extremely happy with them, some others not so happy. I'm happy with my Givi cases.

..Tom

ps:

Useful tip: If you need to sell the concept of getting a bike to your wife, and if she is offering resistance, you might not want to mention cases until *after* you get the Strom. Same goes with all the other farkels you will eventually want.

Sorry folks. I assumed at least someone had bought these and would know the price off the top of their heads.

Don't even have the bike yet, just trying to do some research before heading into a dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
You take shots at me and Janice, and then go on to ask him where he lives, not once, not twice but threee times, when he's already told us he's in Nova Scotia. Come on man, you have to work on your focus if you're going to start riding again. We don't want to see you get run over buy a big V, or something. Cabin fever? :rolleyes: Janice and I just have that knife edge focus already. We're ready for the riding season....join us! ;)

Canada's a big place. Where are you?

Nova Scotia. Can get them from a dealer.

I thought there might be an discount online warehouse or something in Ontario.

Roughly how much?

Thanks.

Just so you know.. there is a lot of SERIOUS cabin fever going on around here and many of us are getting a bit slap happy. (Some actually got to ride today and feel quite a bit better although I suspect they will be going even more batty in a day or two once they realize they aren't riding their Strom.) Don't take any of the snide remarks or other comments from the cheap seats seriously.. we love you or at least we *will* love you if you get a V-Strom and tell us what part of Canada you live in.

Heavy & Janice will love you even more if you get a 1000.. the rest of us will love you just as much if you do get a 1000 and will consider you even more lovable *and* highly intelligent if you get a 650.

Once we know where you live, we can perhaps give you a really good idea of costs and where to buy the cases. This of course assumes that you know which cases you want to get (I count at least 9 Givi monokey normal cases, that doesn't include the PLX Cases or Monolock cases) and where you live (see it all comes back to that.) If you are just looking for a rough idea then the suggestion to go to Importation's web site and play with the possible Givi cases is a good one. As has been mentioned before you likely will get 10 or 15% off of that from however you buy from.

I wouldn't get too caught up in that just yet, though. You probably don't know which cases would suit you better and there are a ton of choices out there. For me, a 52 litre GIVI was a wonderful choice, and if I only had one case that would be all I would ever want. For times where I feel I need more space I have some GIVI E41's mounted on some removable SW-Motech sideracks (which for me is a great choice as I don't usually have the side cases on.) My older Brother gave me some E21 cases last year as well when he got some E41's. I have all my cases keyed the same so one case works on any of them.

Many riders in the States have come across some really cheap copies, some people seem extremely happy with them, some others not so happy. I'm happy with my Givi cases.

..Tom

ps:

Useful tip: If you need to sell the concept of getting a bike to your wife, and if she is offering resistance, you might not want to mention cases until *after* you get the Strom. Same goes with all the other farkels you will eventually want.

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
Hi Heavy!

Having just been out for a ride yesterday when I typed that reply, I was full of the natural endorphins and adrenalin that comes with riding a 650. You probably wouldn't understand...I was on an incredible high! ;-) It was natural that I overlooked his place of residence so my apologies go to GNR.

Unless your brakes can't slow down that massive weight of the Heavy machine you ride, I can't see getting run over by a 1000. I do know that on rides you tend to stay at the very back of the pack; and even when in the lead I noted you still ended up near the back. :)

I don't see where there were shots taken at you and Janice. I said "Heavy & Janice will love you even more if you get a 1000.." How can that be construed as taking a shot at the two of you? We know there are few 1000 riders (why is that?) so for you to have company has got to be a good thing. ;-)

..Tom

You take shots at me and Janice, and then go on to ask him where he lives, not once, not twice but threee times, when he's already told us he's in Nova Scotia. Come on man, you have to work on your focus if you're going to start riding again. We don't want to see you get run over buy a big V, or something. Cabin fever? :rolleyes: Janice and I just have that knife edge focus already. We're ready for the riding season....join us! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
I assumed your cabin fever

Just so you know.. there is a lot of SERIOUS cabin fever going on around here...
comments were directed at Janice and myself because we gave the guy a bit of a hard time...although, we were just trying to inspire him to do some actual research of his own.

I don't see where there were shots taken at you and Janice.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Little crippled bike. How sad...

Hi Heavy!

Having just been out for a ride yesterday when I typed that reply, I was full of the natural endorphins and adrenalin that comes with riding a 650.
Wow, does that really happen? I can't imagine why!

Poor little amputee bike. I feel sorry for them. They just look -so- sad.

And yes, we were just prodding the guy to do some looking around himself.

OH MY GOD, IT'S SNOWING AGAIN!!! F*cking snow...

Excuse me, I have to go kill something.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Wow, does that really happen? I can't imagine why!
Just imagine the exhilaration of cracking the throttle open on that cute little bike.

Wait...hold on...here it comes...I can feel the wind building... still accelerating...holy cow, its getting wild now...remember to hold on tight...man, my field of vision is narrowing...gotta focus on the road ahead...be brave, keep it pinned...faster and faster...building and building...okay, we're over 60 kph now...:rolleyes:

OH MY GOD, IT'S SNOWING AGAIN!!! F*cking snow...

Excuse me, I have to go kill something.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Go, my Green Parrot Princess, and kill something for me too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
For those of us that weigh less than 400 lbs and are less than 9 feet tall, they work jess fine....

P.S. If yer lookin' to kill something, start with the bast**d snowplow driver that does my street and fills in my driveway.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
For those of us that weigh less than 400 lbs and are less than 9 feet tall, they work jess fine....
hmmmmmm....close on one, well clear of the other...naw, I couldn't even consider it. :p

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
..and for all of that I still end up being in front of you.. way in front if I recall correctly!

..Tom

Just imagine the exhilaration of cracking the throttle open on that cute little bike.

Wait...hold on...here it comes...I can feel the wind building... still accelerating...holy cow, its getting wild now...remember to hold on tight...man, my field of vision is narrowing...gotta focus on the road ahead...be brave, keep it pinned...faster and faster...building and building...okay, we're over 60 kph now...:rolleyes:

Go, my Green Parrot Princess, and kill something for me too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts