StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's the best way to be able to listen to tunes and to be able to use a phone on the bike?
Is there some way to do both?
If there is, does the wind make it hard for others to hear you on the phone?
I used to have the driver/passenger intercom system on a Yamaha Venture touring rig that I used to own. I've never used any other bike-to-bike or bike-to-phone communication systems. My wife and son recently gradueated from the ABATE Motorcycle Safety Course and I bought bikes for both of them. I would like for us to be able to communicate between ourselves.
Also, since I do 90% or more of my commuting by motorcycle, I'd like to occasionally be able to use the phone while riding.
Thanks

Edited to add that I'd like to stick with earplugs and not just speakers in the helmet if possible. I like the way they block out the wind noise on long rides.

·
0 Posts
The Garmin Zumo 550 GPS that I have has a built in MP3 Player, and with a 4GB Memory Card I have over 500 songs on it.

The Zumo also has Bluetooth capability.
I link my phone and GPS together, then the GPS flashes who is calling me while I'm riding...and then I decide whether to pull over and call them back...or keep riding.

That's my personal experience with your question...and I'm sure others can help you more specifically.

BTD.

·
Administrator
13,367 Posts
I have an Autocom Setup. It integrates pretty much any phone, MP3, and many FRS/GMRS setups as well as GPS, etc. and can provide intercom use for a passenger as well. It also can be used with Headphones separate from the helmet speakers.

When I set it up I tried using it with my phone and it worked fabulously at speeds up over 75mph. I haven't used it for Phone use since then but did use it for FRS communications a fair amount and use if almost daily for MP3.

It is a very expensive solution but seems to work very well and many riders recommend it.

..Tom

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW! Those things are kinda pricey. I don't know if I really need GPS yet. I'm just looking for some way to integrate my phone and MP3 I think. I guess I'll look around a little and see if I can find a "deal" on one of those Zumos

·
Registered
221 Posts
Check out the Camos bluetooth headset with an iCombi dongle. I found my set-up @ cyclegadgets.com. Very simple to set up and use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts