StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for advice in which over the dash GPS mount to use. Ravetech, Adventuretech or that round bar thing Givi makes. Like to hear from anyone with experience from all three.

also, for those that have used one of these three to mount a Garmin, where did you run the wiring? Dkid you take the front of the dash off to make a neater wiring installation? All tips appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
I don't have any of the over the dashes you mentioned, but do have the SW Motech Vibration Damping dash mount. It mounts under the windscreen using the brace mounting points and puts the GPS right above the dash. I ran the wiring through openings underneath the windscreen brace and out the gaps when the brace is remounted and then to the GPS adapter. The wiring then runs back to my storage box under the seat and to my Eastern Beaver fuse box.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
A 2006 DL650. I am not sure they make it anymore as I can not find it on their website. They make another that fits on a cross bar like the Givi bar, I think. And a handle bar mount too.

I really like having the GPS mount above the dash just a tad below line of sight.

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts