StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me what is the best navigation app that will run on an adroid operating system ? Some are free, some are not.

What’s wrong with google maps ? I believe it is free. The only problem I can see is that it may no longer work for free with popular route planning software like Tyre or MyRoute-app which I think are also free. I have to purchase some kind of 'API key '.

What about HERE WeGo? It appears to be free.
Why does igonavigation have on other free nav apps likegoogle maps ?

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-gps-app-and-navigation-app-for-android-357870/

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
There are lots of free apps that run on Android platforms. There are some that you pay for. It all depends on what you are looking for.
eg.
- ability to load routes created elsewhere
- create a route by adding waypoints
- tracking
- convert tracks to routes
- just want point A to point B
- utilize various file formats
- which map is used
- resident maps or require cellular connection
- etc

·
Registered
402 Posts
OsmAnd+
Locus
Gailileo
Google Maps

These are what I have on my device. All of the above have free versions and can be used on or offline.
Adventure Rider forum has numerous threads dedicated to Android GPS apps. Lots of good info there for a novice and veteran alike.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Why pay? Someone is doing the work to develop the app.

If you like the free version upgrade to the full version to unlock whatever and get rid of adds.

I use OsmAnd+ on Android.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I was looking at this today, found mapFactor Navigator FREE. Haven't tried it, just got it installed a few mins ago, got all offline maps for north america for free, looks ok.

Currently looking for one that allows you to program, or transfer a programmed route onto it.

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
Furkot to develop the routes and transfer the file formats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts