StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here are the pix of the pipes I had installed. As you can see I'm not a fan of high pipes. Just like the sweep up look. Next project is to do something about the rear fender. Any suggestions??
I found this pic in the DL1000 map sticky. Anyone know what these are? I can PM gcarper1 if not.

Sure would be sweet if they were dual for the 6-fiddy too...

Without the passenger pegs it looks really sharp and once he gets that fender hacked down, that bike is gonna look really good.

Anyway, awesome bike gcarper!

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,040 Posts
Sorry, can't say that I like the look. They look to short with to much vertical gap. If we all liked the same thing we would have cookie cutters. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, can't say that I like the look. They look to short with to much vertical gap. If we all liked the same thing we would have cookie cutters. :)

it seems to give it a motogp look. That vertical gap is what all the super sport bikes these days are going for. I think it looks sweet on the Strom. :D
However, it is definitely a good thing we dont all like the same thing. Then our bikes would be like those Harley guys :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
He said it was a custom glasspack job, IIRC.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would make it a straight pipe (no baffles) with glass on the sides. LOUD!
Yeah, I bet it is super loud if it is just straigt through glass packs.

I dont think I would like my bike to be so loud but I would definitely like to hear it in person.

·
Administrator
17,508 Posts
Would probably be louder than a D&D exhaust, which is barely an exhaust as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lowered CG

I wonder if the handling is improved any? I always wondered what my ride would be like if some 40 lbs were situated at least 8" lower.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The whole idea of trying to make a Strom look good...

Lipstick on a pig.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts