StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki VStrom ABS Adventure
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had ordered some led lights for the headlights from a local repair shop but apparently their shipping is going to be extremely slow. I need to order from a bigger chain so I’m wondering what the best bang for buck H4 LED bulbs for the Strom would be?

thanks!

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
6,757 Posts
I have the same. All good so far and an extremely simple install. No extra wires or load resistors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. I think I’m going to go with some sea light brand led’s on amazon but I’ve got a while to think about it until a refund for other led’s that never arrived comes in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I installed these SeaLight bulbs a couple of weeks ago that are specific for motorcycles (led's mimic the halogen filament) and am very pleased with them so far.

The beam is focused the same as the halogen but the LED's appear much brighter and there's definitely more light coverage on dark roads. The most noticeable change is the color which goes from a muted yellow to bright white.

Here's with one LED installed:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed these SeaLight bulbs a couple of weeks ago that are specific for motorcycles (led's mimic the halogen filament) and am very pleased with them so far.

The beam is focused the same as the halogen but the LED's appear much brighter and there's definitely more light coverage on dark roads. The most noticeable change is the color which goes from a muted yellow to bright white.

Here's with one LED installed:

View attachment 280866
Significantly more pleasing to the eye. Lol. Have to get these on my bike ASAP.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
How about LED turn signals? Anyone change the stockers?
I've yet to see affordable aftermarket LED turn signals that perform better both day and night than stock assemblies + LED bulbs + new flasher relay + white paint or aluminum duct tape in the housing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about LED turn signals? Anyone change the stockers?

I did. I used diamond shaped signals in the back though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put those Sealight LEDS in my Strom and some sylvannia T10’s in the corner and they look good and bright. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not LED, but after a lot of consideration of LED options for my '16, I am very impressed with upgrade in brightness and width of light spread from Philips MotoVision (claims 30% increase in light). Got 1 for $20 and decided to stick with them, so got the 2nd bulb.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts