StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gang I'm a little dated on handlebar options available today. I ran for years on my K4 putting up with msr [I think] black steel ATV High bars that had too much sweep or pullback .... wrist angle, knuckles out - put it that way.
Just brought home a lovely K5 model with breakin mileage. I want to ditch the stockers ASAP but get something with the height I need, excellent crossbar, about the same width or a little less as the ATV's had.

I have MSR Aluminum KX Highs on my DR. the DR reach is trivial compared to the DL. to me the angle is excellent but the height too short to help much with the DL.

Can someone who has "been there" lately advise me pls. I saw a lot of comments about the Pro Taper SE mid-height ATV bar and wonder if that one is working for people that are demanding?

thanks

oh - links and sources would help if you have

z

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best Bars

Put pro-taper SE mids on last fall. I'm a rookie rider, 2yrs on Wee, 6 on dirt bikes... The PT are much stiffer than stock, much better feel for the road, so now I know I need a fork brace!! They fitted fine although stock brake lines are maxxed out. Oddly they cut out a lot of the Strom's famous buffeting. Others have reported this, I'm guessing the (stock) mirrors are slightly farther apart which cut the swirling. Bar end weights wouldn't fit, narrower inside tubing than stock, but put brush guards on at same time so the weights are gone anyhow. About $50 delivered. To me well worth it.

·
Premium Member
19,041 Posts
So, the pullback angle is ok compared to the pt?
We're you using pro.taper ATV high previously ?
Yes sir I had the ATV high previously. I would have to say they are pretty close, these bars seems to be between the ATV mid and the ATV high from Protaper.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bollocks one of the first things I've done on my DR's and Weestroms is remove the stock mirrors and pack them away, replacing with inexpensive/durable AND aerodynamic generic off/onroad Bikemaster 6" Stem round mirrors. only a direct hit will break them and even that will break the stem before anything else, function is perfect, plug and play, and eliminates mirror buffeting. the other buffeting disappears with the famous Madstad brackets forwindshield of choice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts