StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a center stand for my '15 AA, and have to admit that I'm a little confused by the options; I want to ensure that I can use the center stand with any exhaust/muffler changes I may do in the future (nothing significant, just looking to improve flow and get a deeper note).
So far it seems as if the stock one is the best option, but at $286, it isn't the most "wallet friendly" option.
Does anyone have any experience / opinions on the other center stands available? What I don't want is one of these: https://www.amazon.com/MotoBrackets-269701-Centerstand-Suzuki-DL1000/dp/B00BUIBYYM

Thanks everyone,
KevinL

·
Registered
325 Posts
I too have a '15, and I went with the Suzuki stand when it came time to buy one. I looked around and compared different ones and narrowed it down to Suzuki or Motech. Suzuki won simply because they were priced within a few dollars of the Motech, and it's a safe bet that any aftermarket accessories would be designed to work with OEM components, and not necessarily another aftermarket or a competitor's part. I'm not stating this as a fact; I'm merely stating that's the way I see it. I think any of the big name stands are solid choices though, and I also read some good things about the Amazon bracket on this forum. There are other threads on this forum that discuss the center stands. Might do a search to see what others have said; there's some good feedback out there. It's what I used to narrow my choices down, and I'm happy with my purchase. Whatever you decide on, good luck & ride safe..

·
Registered
540 Posts
I went with Suzuki stand and have an Arrow collector pipe (de-catted) with no issues. Also have a Ravetech skid plate mounted. I consider the center stand to be a critical component.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts