StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laid the bike down yesterday, and bent the brake pedal, so that the 90º tip is now angled back some. I was riding very slowly on a steep downhill on a washed-out road from recent heavy rains. I got into a deep rut that I couldn't ride out of with street tires and couldn't ride in as it zig-zagged back and forth. A better rider might have saved it, but...

I now need a new right front turn signal, as well as to straighten the brake pedal. 2 questions about the pedal:

1) Is it feasible to bend it on the bike, perhaps by blocking it with lumber and whacking it with a mallet?

2) Is the material malleable enough to bend cold, or must I heat it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow - replying to my own post!

I couldn't wait any longer, so I blocked the pedal with wood, put a pipe on the bent tip, and bent it back to almost where is is supposed to be. I decided not to get greedy and keep bending, since the pedal works just as well bent as it did straight, and I sure don't want to break it.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'd plan on replacing the brake pedal. Cast aluminum weakens a lot even with only a little bending. Also, now you have an excuse to upgrade to aftermarket turn signals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is it the only option to get the stock OEM rear brake lever? I had read several threads in this forum and did not found any aftermarket off-road oriented lever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts