StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so last Saturday spent 350 miles on my V strom and was euphoric next day and decided to place the LED license plate integrated with brake, running, turn signal and plate lamps. taking off the brackets for top(Suzuki) and side(GIVI) bag was not difficult ,and took the bolts and nuts off from the side and top of the plastic cover of lightings , so the wires were exposed. I followed the map provided by this forum and connected to the wires mapped by license plate kit and used splice connector, took me some times to figure out , and tried to turn the lights on, nothing. dead
I thought the splice connectors are difficult to connect, so took them off and connected old fashion with direct connecting and covering with tape.
again tried to turn the lights on , just the top line works , every thing including both side signals & brakes and running and license plate every thing work ,but just top line and lower line all dead.
I thought since everything is not working it should be the ground from the lower line and checked the connection and reconnect it , again nothing.
so I decided to dismount it ,frustrated and tired .
I took the license plate LED frame off and realized the black wire coming out of the LED frame was disconnected.
lesson learnt.
do not buy cheep sale discounted product for your bike. as I bought it from a well known store but it was on sale and like three times discounted and I was thinking it is a good buy comparing to the one from adventureteck or superbright light, or big names on the web.
placing back the brackets for top and side cases was really really pain, took me like two hours as I was not able to match the wholes and bolts of top and side brackets on all sides,( I am sure I was missing some catch to this) .
plan ,to order some really good LED brake light for installation on the place of rear license plate and reflective light. Buy a really good license plate LED integrated for turn /brake /running/license plate and install.
but first I will try to repair the disconnected black ground wire form LED frame , but I will need to break the back of the frame to approach the disconnected wire to solder it.
again putting back the top and side case brackets would be a pain ,but I will see very care fully step by step to take picture to see what comes of from where.
I want to see what you have experienced regarding this repairing /upgrading.
Ride safe :smile2:

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
it's those conquered head scratchers that make us better at fixing thing. Hopefully you will be able to make a poorly constructed device work properly.
I was trouble shooting a problem on my BMW and thought I had used a meter on the fuses but found that I had misread the meter or pulled a brain fart because when I checked the 2nd time lo and behold the dang 10 amp fuse was quite open. The Instruments now work as designed. Amazing what a little electricity can do!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's those conquered head scratchers that make us better at fixing thing. Hopefully you will be able to make a poorly constructed device work properly.
I was trouble shooting a problem on my BMW and thought I had used a meter on the fuses but found that I had misread the meter or pulled a brain fart because when I checked the 2nd time lo and behold the dang 10 amp fuse was quite open. The Instruments now work as designed. Amazing what a little electricity can do!
we went to Joshua tree NP, such a paradise for riding .

:smile2:

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
Unfortunately the flower bloom is expected to be sparse this year. The rain gods refused to pass their water on the lands.
Lots Of scenic things to see there besides flowers though!.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Being passionate about this field, I started studying. I found this super nice website that helped me understand in an easier way how I can become an electrician. I think that when you love the field and enjoy studying, you have every chance to get to where you want. I have noticed many good successes in my life, and I will not stop here, because the more you learn, the more the path to success is provided for you. I'm happy that I listened to my intuition and chose this direction, I really don't regret it. Sometimes, in some decisions, the best is to listen our heart. If someone is interested, they can check over here, and they can apply, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is an increase in the market demand for craftsmen, especially in the field of electricity. Suppose you are qualified, attentive to details, and want to learn new things. In that case, you could be the ideal candidate for the position of electrician. You should know that to be an electrician, you need to attend qualification courses and then get a National Authority for Energy Regulations permit. And I started working in Turramurra Electrician: Emergency & Level 2 Electricians | Gordon Powers where I think I belong, and I do my job with pleasure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts