StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all-Possible new DL1000 owner but I am having a hard time getting past the beak. :confused:

I was wondering if anyone has tried to remove the beak? I did a Google image search but came up with nothing. Also tried a search here as well.

Thank you is advance.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hello all-Possible new DL1000 owner but I am having a hard time getting past the beak. :confused:

I was wondering if anyone has tried to remove the beak?
I know whatcha mean, beak be gone, that headlight too, it give me double vision, those turn signals are so ugly, just gotta be changed, barn door mirrors, are you kidding me, outahere, gold forks, what were they thinkin', they don't go with any color scheme especially the red, oh and whatever you do, please don't buy a Givi Airflow, ouch!!
Seriously, my advice to you would be to buy a cafe racer, now there's a real adventure bike!!

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I love the beak!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wonder if there is a function of the beak that should be considered. It could improve cooling by scooping air and directing towards the radiator. I would leave it. Your resale could be affected by removal.

·
Registered
181 Posts
From what I understand, it helps put downforce on the front wheel at high speed. The previous DL1K was less stable at high speeds.

Reactions: K9 Wee

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think in colors other than black, the beak increases visibility too. My white beak is always the first part of the bike I see while walking out to it. I prefered the look of the black but feel safer parking in lots and riding with the white. Perhaps it's my justification of spending the extra dough for a '15..

·
Registered
471 Posts
The Vstrom (in stock form) is a street bike with some adventure bike styling. It's a great bike for doing what it was designed for: riding on paved and unpaved roads.

But it does fall a bit short in anything too far off the beaten track. Too heavy, too low, too little suspension for any really rugged off-road riding.

Even Suzuki has this to say on their web page:
For comfort, versatility and performance, the V-Strom is an open invitation for new adventures on the road less traveled.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've ridden 1000+cc BMWs in some very rugged terrain. Not my idea of fun. The V Strom as you've described it is exactly what I've been looking for. Just bought a 2014 V2. If I want to ride a dirt bike, I'll buy one.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts