StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a campground where you can pitch a tent on the beach or close to it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
On the Bay side of Coronado Island I have notice tent campers. Not sure of the camp ground, maybe Silver Strand? Mission Bay has a couple areas close to be the beach.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
cool... I'll check out the sites... it might be nice to have a camping ride where you end up on the beach...

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
In San Diego County - both of these are on the bluff with stairs to the sand
San Elijo
South Carlsbad

In Santa Barbara County
Gaviota
Refugio
El Capitan

In San Luis Obispo County
San Simeon
Morro Bay

There are more, but those are the ones I am familiar with.

Have fun!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks... I'll check these out too

·
Registered
4 Posts
beach spots

All of the state spots are reservation driven and have very few 1 day non reserved spots, so it is a crapshoot. although it is inland about 1 mile san mateo campground in san clemente rarely fills and is a good fallback. hope this helps and hope to join in-Captwoody

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All of the state spots are reservation driven and have very few 1 day non reserved spots, so it is a crapshoot. although it is inland about 1 mile san mateo campground in san clemente rarely fills and is a good fallback. hope this helps and hope to join in-Captwoody
thanks for the lead... it be great if you could join us...

·
Registered
125 Posts
thanks for the lead... it be great if you could join us...
He invited a guy he doesn't know named "Captain Woody"...... :green_lol:

Sorry, couldn't help it and someone was bound to tease you about it :thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
off thread

Hey KRS - are you in Sierra Vista, AZ? I did my military training at Fort Huachuca back in '81-'82

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey KRS - are you in Sierra Vista, AZ? I did my military training at Fort Huachuca back in '81-'82
Yes I am ! Lots of military around here. Lots of guys end up coming back here to retire.

KRS

·
Registered
181 Posts
The Navy just shipped my bike this week to Maine for my next duty station...:headbang:
Must be getting pretty cold about now in ME. Bet you had some great ridding all summer.
Thanks for doing what you do-!!
-D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts