StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Vstrommers
Just letting everyone know so they don`t get stung like my partner did .She was being very kind and considerate and purchased me a peaklife motorcycle navigator for christmas of ebay . Very good idea and useful pressie specially for a partner with a vstrom .Well big warning and definate no to anyone you hear or think of buying one they come only loaded with european maps and you can`t download aussie maps and the agent takes no responsibility just keeps bouncing emails with links that aren`t compatible with his device.

thanks fellow riders
tweed-strom
steve

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Was it purchased using PayPal?

What maps was it advertised with?

If he advertised it incorrectly...
Let him know that you'd like to return the unit for a refund, as it was not as advertised. If he refuses then take care of it via PayPal. It will take 1/2 an hour to write it up, including quotes from the site, emails back and forth, etc.

You'll get your money back that way, more than likely...

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
What maps was it advertised with?
Looks like all bases are covered on this.

"The unit includes an evaluation GPS software - we recommend purchasing a GPS software package from your home country that best covers your region of the world."

Nothing that you can pin on them there. They are saying what it has and making no representations that any particular part of the world actually has maps available.

Other vendors of the same product have similar wording.

I think in this case it an example of the buyer maybe not reading the not so fine print.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
...and on the flipside, the Euro is way down against the Aussie-$$ :yikes:, you've already got the maps:thumbup: and there are still plenty of passes open in the Alps.:jawdrop:
Things couldn't get much better...YAYYY!! :hurray:

·
Registered
388 Posts
...and on the flipside, the Euro is way down against the Aussie-$$ :yikes:, you've already got the maps:thumbup: and there are still plenty of passes open in the Alps.:jawdrop:
Things couldn't get much better...YAYYY!! :hurray:
:hurray:
Thats why your on the big bucks Pete....Your a thinkning man:hurray:

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
This link might be helpful,

Peaklife GPS - ADVrider

Map install instructions included. They seem to like the unit.

Can you see it in the sun? I have two, non-mc TomTom units (gifts from Mother Smoke over the years) whose displays are invisible outside of the car.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Lordsmoke

Thanks for the tip hopefully will get it to my computer friend and we can get it up and adventuring
Thanks for the info
Tweed-strom

·
Registered
111 Posts
paypal

I used paypal dispute resolution on the china center stand people in washington state and they made them pay me all my money back.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still searching best can come up with so far is tom tom has something similar .The maps will cost around seventy dollars my computer friend can`t find anything for free otherwise is not even good paperweight just another one of those useless presents women buy for their partners without research.You know the price is the standout thing never mind if it doesn`t work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts