StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and by 'where', I mean where in the world.

Lately, I've ordered several items online that -- due to my failure to fully read the item descriptions -- were being shipped to me from other areas of the world. As you can imagine, this is resulting in stupid long shipping times.

The first was some maintenance parts for my riding lawnmower. I realized after the purchase they were being shipped from China and would arrive "before May 1, 2020". By then, my grass will be knee-high so I had to instead purchase the same parts from a local dealer (which, honestly, I should have just done in the first place, given that I only saved $15).

The second was some replacement rubber plugs for my Givi top box (vibration dampers). Again, I failed to read closely enough and, after a couple of weeks waiting for them, discovered they were being shipped from Italy. Tracking shows my order is sitting in Switzerland right now. Who knows when it'll show up.

I bring the topic up because this never seemed to be something I had to pay attention to in the past. If I ordered something from Amazon or Ebay, I assumed it was coming from the US and I was never wrong. So pay attention to those shipping estimates before you place your order.

·
Registered
17 Posts
China and Italy are two of the hardest hit countries for Coronavirus. Frankly, I’d want anything coming from there to take a couple more weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
And Amazon is delaying shipments in the US of non-essential items. In some cases up to a month.

View attachment 270502
I'm not seeing that at all. Amazon still delivering all sorts of nonsense to my house every couple of days. What they are doing is not warehousing 3rd party non essential items.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW - Givi is in Italy
This I know/knew. I just didn't expect it to be shipped directly from the factory.

What they are doing is not warehousing 3rd party non essential items.
This makes some sense. Probably like a lot of people who are 'confined to quarters' these days, I've been doing more online shopping. Some items have shown up within the time frame I've come to expect (2-4 days), but others are taking longer than expected. If places like Amazon aren't warehousing as much of the non-essentials, that could be a reason.

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts