StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
News flash for Louisville, Kentucky. Young male sport bike rider. Stretched swingarm crotch rocket. Lime green. High velocity collision with....you guessed it, a one story brick ranch house.

The house survived. They are still hosing the rider off the structure. No, the homewrecker did not survive.

·
Registered
84 Posts
F#$%ers fly up my street every couple of days, 25MPH speed limit.
Of course so does most everyone else, its the only street in the neighborhood without speed bumps, so the fire trucks can get to the highway faster.

·
Registered
14,466 Posts
According my friends Mom it was my fault as a passenger when we hit a house with her Corvair. Curvy road, bald-ish tires, too much speed, too little talent had nothing to do with it. Oh, the house was about 10-15 feet above the street level too. We kinda plowed uphill to get there!
Corvairs were so light they could almost fly! :green_lol:

·
Administrator
13,199 Posts
Do you really think this has anything to do with being careful?

If that was here in the Greater Toronto Area they would drop the speed limit to 10 kph and give all the normal drivers tickets for doing 5kph over because of the actions of one.

..Tom

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
The house survived. They are still hosing the rider off the structure. No, the homewrecker did not survive.
I'm sure the rider's family will find this f#cking hilarious!

Sure the rider was stupid. Me, my kids, my brothers, my father and probably you too have done stupid stuff that could just as easily been fatal.

That he did it on a type of motorcycle that you can't help but look down your nose at somehow makes it justifiably funny?

Grow up.

·
Registered
14,466 Posts
There is humor in everything, morbid or otherwise. Some have a harder time seeing it than others.
Don't forget, this time around on the orb is not a dress rehearsal!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have no sympathy for these morons because one of the maybe ten times in 8 years i parked my truck on the street instead of in the driveway some drunk kid came flying up the street in a civic, slammed into my silverado pushing it 30 feet, not 2 minutes after my family got out of it. And this street is more than three cars wide but you can only park on one side. $11,000 worth of damage.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Sure the rider was stupid. Me, my kids, my brothers, my father and probably you too have done stupid stuff that could just as easily been fatal.

That he did it on a type of motorcycle that you can't help but look down your nose at somehow makes it justifiably funny?

Grow up.
Sir, I do not really care what you think. I posted this to remind some that there is a place for riding fast. Its not where residential structures exist.

As for the riders family, I am sorry for their loss. I am also sorry when a family looses a loved one to a drug overdose. But these are preventable deaths.

I never plan on growing up. Growing up makes you old and kills your sense of humor. I want to die laughing.

P.S. I don't look down on any bikes. I have owned sport bikes and still sneak a ride on them occassionally. This "rider" could have hit your offspring playing in your front yard. To me motorcycle riding is a serious pursuit. I make a habit of not doing things that jeapordise my life that are in my control. A car may hit me, I may hit a deer, but I ride defensively enough to not let a house kill me.

·
Registered
710 Posts

Grow up.
Well said. I was thinking along the same line, just didn't know how to say it so eloquently. How can others laugh when a family is going through one of the roughest times of their life? :thumbdown:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts