StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a pair of Battlewings for the bike, I was pricing them on Motorcycle superstore and found they list a few in our size, one with an E and one with a G and one with no letter, can someone tell me what this is? I cannot imagine that's a speed rating being that low plus I think in the description it said they are V-rated tires. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
The E and the G denote the factory-mounted tires specific to a certain model. I think the E is for the Yamaha Super Tenere, and the G is for the BMW GSwhatever-it's-up-to-nowadays.

No one has ever figured out whether there's actually any difference at all or if it's just some sort of legal dodge.

The only reason for ordering one of these specific tire models would be if you own one of these other machines and you're super-dee-duper obsessive and anal retentive about keeping everything strictly factory.

And if you're that damn picky, you're likely to have a complete mental meltdown if a bug ever splats on your bike, and therefore you likely have no business ever leaving the house let alone riding an adventure bike.

So, I have no idea who buys these tires. But they stock them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I actually had exactly the same question when I bought my Battle Wings (yes, it is two words, not one).

To resolve the issue, I went to jakewilson.com Bridgestone Motorcycle Tires | Motorcycle Tires | Jake Wilson instead and ordered them there. Price was good, I ordered them on a Wed night, they arrived Friday. No, I am not affiliated with them in any way.

The tires are fantastic. Cornering is awesome, very stable. Really pleased with them. Very noticeable upgrade from the TW's.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for confirming my decision also huge thanks for the site, best price I have seen and by far the best UI for searching. I should never have to choose a tire size twice to get a price, this site is the only one were I did not.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Anybody had these Battle Wings long enough to know how much mileage you can expect out of them?

I suspect after my Tourances wear out I'm going with a bit more street oriented tire and these look like a pretty good choice if they last long enough.

·
Registered
515 Posts
How did you do on price. I just had a set of them delivered for $195.00 Did I take a bath? That was from Chapperell

·
Registered
515 Posts
Anybody had these Battle Wings long enough to know how much mileage you can expect out of them?

I suspect after my Tourances wear out I'm going with a bit more street oriented tire and these look like a pretty good choice if they last long enough.
Yes. this is my second set. I have a bit over 10K on them. Plenty of rubber left on the tires. Im replacing due to too many plugs in the rear.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I'll be putting on another set of Battle Wings soon, they've got about 9,000 miles on them. They still have another 1.5-2,000 miles in them. I'm leaving on a ten day trip in July, so they have to go. They've been great tires for me, right around $200 a set, good mileage, good handling for my riding (mostly street), a great value. MC USA store is local for me, and they mount and balance right in store, so I pull my wheels, and go there. I've had Distanzia, Tourance, Anakee II , and of course the stock Trail Wings, for my money, I like the Battle Wings.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
How did you do on price. I just had a set of them delivered for $195.00 Did I take a bath? That was from Chapperell
You beat me. $202 from Jake Wilson (free shipping).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts