StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last I checked, Bridgestone Battlewings weren't available here in the US. However, I noticed they are the OE tire on a lot of 07 BMW 1200GS's. Do you think I could order a set from the BMW store? I'll make a few phone calls and see what I can find out today...

·
Registered
236 Posts
So, curiousity compels me to ask- if they're in the warehouse why aren't they in the catalog? Or did I just miss them? Seems easier to order direct & skip the middleman.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, curiousity compels me to ask- if they're in the warehouse why aren't they in the catalog? Or did I just miss them? Seems easier to order direct & skip the middleman.
Well,,,the paper catalog only comes out once a year. I have had the tucker/rocky rep and the PU rep looking for these tires to become available in the US for awhile now. The pu rep told me last week they had them in stock. I should have mine Tues.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hmmm... makes sense I guess. Sorta. Seems like they could update the online catalog more often than yearly.

Guess I'll just have to pester somebody local to order them for me when the time comes.

Thanks for the source though, that's good to know stuff. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Are the Battlewings supposed to be better than the Trailwings? I like the trailwings so far.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
There are quite a few reviews of this tire on different forums and the net. Yes, it is more street oriented but so is the Strom anyway. Apparently it is just about as good on mild off roading as some of the others. It is just another option. If they are smooth and also give good mileage, it may be an option for me later than the tourances and D607s. Price is about the same also.

JDP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts