StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to start another dreaded tire topic thread, but I have a very specific question I haven't found an answer for here.

I've been running the Tourance EXP f&R on my Vee. I like everything about the tires except for the short life when compared to a few of the other tires. I've read where the Battle Wings are an excellant all weather tire that some have reported a sudden loss of traction in the rear in the wet. Is this only happening at extreme lean angles or just as a general rule when compared to the Tourance?

I'm not a hard rider on the street anymore. My "chicken strips" are about 3/8" wide in the rear. If the sudden loss of traction is only happening at extreme lean angles in the wet then I should be okay with a set.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I'm on my third set of Battle Wings, I ride every single day it's not snowing very hard, and I have had no traction issues in the wet on these tires. (I'm also a big fan of the Shinko 705 in the wet, if you're looking for a more dirt-worthy tire.)

In fact, come to think of it, I took the Lee Parks class in the rain on a set of Battle Wings.

Don't read too much into the complaints on tire threads -- the cold, hard truth is that most people don't know how to ride, and will blame whatever tires are installed at the time for their lack of throttle, braking, or cornering skills.

Also, given the amount of nearly invisible crap coating public roads, it's ludicrous to blame a tire for a certain incident.

(Hey, how ya doin', neighbor?)

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I ride every day rain or shine (no car), and I've had very good experiences with my battlewings. No worries at all.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reassuring remarks. It looks like I'll be ordering a set here next week.

The last time I ran a tire other than a Metzeler on any of my street bikes, it was a set of Dunlaps on my old GSX1100G. I've been a little leary of trying anything else because that one left a bad taste.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I too am riding on Battlewings and am very happy with them as far as performance goes. They are great and I really like to lean them over.

This is my first set and I'm hoping to get 6,000 miles out of them, but we shall see. I want a tire that would last longer, but I'm sure I'd lose some performance. My rear tread depth measures 4.4mm in the center of the tire. It started with about 8.8mm. I have 2800 on them right now on my wee.

I would buy these tires again, but might try a set of Trail Attacks first.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Regarding tread life, I got 6000 miles out of my rear Battlewing on my wee. It had another 1000 miles in her, but I had a 2000 mile trip to go on. I live on gravel (3/4 of a mile) and I prefer the Anakee 2 I have on it now and even the trailwing over the Battlewing. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority preferring the TW over the BW...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts