StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed while making runs up north this weekend that above 80 mph... i believe I'm hearing my front tire whine... is that a known deal with the battle wings?

no odd wear on the tire that i could see (well..it was interesing to see that after driving all day in a good crosswind that one side of the tire had seen more wear for the day :)

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I've never been able to figure out why anyone cares what motorcycle tires sound like. It's about as important as their flavor.

Probably less important, actually. Come to think of it, orange or grape-flavored tires could have quite a bit of bonus entertainment potential.

"The front's vanilla and the rear is orange flavored. Leaves a dreamcicle trail."

"Naw, really?"

"Yeah, get down there and give 'em a good lick... Bob over there's got root beer float."

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Ear plugs......
Those have been my solution to pretty much every odd noise a Super Tenere makes.

I've ridden Battlewings on and off now for the past five years, and can't say I ever noticed a pronounced whine. Of course, my alternate tire is a Shinko 705, so a tire like a Battlewing is going to sound like a rolling cotton ball compared to those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts