StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads.
I could not get Battlewing 501/502 "J" OEM replacement tires, so I got
Battlewing 501/502 "G" that are OEM for BMW GS800.

They are the correct size and speed rating, but I am having second thoughts about potting them on.

Any body else put non "J" BW 501/502s on?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Hi lads.

I could not get Battlewing 501/502 "J" OEM replacement tires, so I got

Battlewing 501/502 "G" that are OEM for BMW GS800.

They are the correct size and speed rating, but I am having second thoughts about potting them on.

Any body else put non "J" BW 501/502s on?

Yes it's fine. I just got the same thing. I needed a new rear and didn't mind the OEM battle wings so I just replaced the rear with another.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Y'all should have got anakee 3. They are the same 80/20 rating and last way longer than the 5700 I got out of my oem battle wing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Y'all should have got anakee 3. They are the same 80/20 rating and last way longer than the 5700 I got out of my oem battle wing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5700 miles with BWs?
I'm hard on my tires and get way more mileage out of them :)

The Kee 3s look awesome but are so expensive...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have 6800 miles on my original tires and still have a lot left to go.. anyways..

The BMW tire will be just fine.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Battlax A40

I just finished a 7630 mile trip in June where I started with new set of Battlax A40's. The rear was down to the wear bar at 6300 miles so had to find a replacement on the road. All one up riding but in fairness, my trip gear weight was close to a hundred pounds with the A40's. The reason I chose the Battlax A40 tire was that it was touted as having better wear than the Battle Wing's that it is replacing but that wasn't my experience. Guess I'm still experimenting with tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts